Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fiberglass tonneau

mrcrabbiepattie
04-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Anyone know if there is a company that makes a fiberglass tonneau cover without removing the tailgate spoiler?

nineball481
04-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Do you actually have the body molded spoiler lip, or just the black cap that they put on? Either way, I cant think of a company that has that option. If you don't care, it wont hurt to take the cap off, the paint underneath has a clear coat, so there would be no painting required.
2cents

chuck16
04-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately the Rear Spoiler has 4 screws in it that hold it to the Tail Gate. When the guy that had my truck before me put the Canopy on. He removed the spoiler but had to leave the screws other wise there would have been 4 holes left in the Tail gate. So, unless you feel like doing body work your either stuck with the screws or just leave the spoiler on.
Just my :2cents: worth.

mrcrabbiepattie
04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
I already know all that info about the screws holes and tailgate protector. I have the spoiler/tailgate protector.

TexasF355F1
04-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Yes there are companys that offer tonneau's with the lip built in. I don't have time to research which companies they are but search for Leer Products. Honestly, i think they look terrible and i only like either the flush mounted steel ones, which are pretty hard to come by i believe. And SnugLid which mounts over the rails, but you have to remove the spoiler.

kenny-1907
04-18-2005, 08:44 PM
I personally like the aluminum roll top tonneau covers. That will be one of the bigger purchases in the future , last i heard a good one is around $800 but i hope that they have come down a bit since.

Marmots
04-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Rally by Glasstite makes (or made) a cover that fits over stock the lip on the tailgate. I have a 99 Silverado and bought my Rally cover around October 1999.

Marmot

intel_guy
04-20-2005, 10:06 AM
I have the Rally Glasstite and it is pretty nice. Has the lip to cover the holes. I dont know if it would fit with the lip in place. I have the holes but you can't see them when the cover is down. I actually like to have the option to put the lip back on if I take the tonneau off.

airtight_python
04-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Check out Gaylords. I like the lower profile. They make to fit with and without the lip. http://www.gaylordslids.com/

Add your comment to this topic!