Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

installing 05 nav in 02 denali

blu98cvc
04-17-2005, 07:00 PM
i got a 2002 denali with y91 option i got a navigation head unit from ebay part #10377531 i have seen this done but not sure how i know i need the dash bezell from 05 i got that but the plugs from the nav dont match the plugs in my truck now (must have changed in the few years ) anyway you guys can tell me how you guys did it if you did or where i can find a wiring diagram for the 05 nav and 02 yukon so i can compare

thanks
willy

Eggert
04-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Hi, there are some threads about this.
In 2003 GM switched the electronics to data bus 2, it has an extra high speed communication wire for computers to talk in real time. Also, your car has to be programmed to accept the radio. Do you have the GPS antenna? There are 2 versions of the Bose amplifier going with different nav units.

Please go up one level to the Yukon forum and then search for nav radio.
This will keep you busy for a while. This whole subject is neither easy nor simple.
You may have to get into all kinds of part numbers and wiring pieces.
Take care, Eggert :bananasmi

tonytone
04-18-2005, 01:32 PM
i got a 2002 denali with y91 option i got a navigation head unit from ebay part #10377531 i have seen this done but not sure how i know i need the dash bezell from 05 i got that but the plugs from the nav dont match the plugs in my truck now (must have changed in the few years ) anyway you guys can tell me how you guys did it if you did or where i can find a wiring diagram for the 05 nav and 02 yukon so i can compare

thanks
willy
As Eggert pointed out, '03+ uses class-II data bus which is totally different from what is used in the pre-'03 NBS GM trucks/SUVs. Bottom line--it is almost impossible to get the GM nav to work on a pre-'03 GM truck/SUV...not w/o lots of modifications which--if even possible to do--would not even be worth your time and money to perform; you'd be better off buying aftermarket nav like a Pioneer AVIC-N1.

I also noticed you mentioned that you have the 10377531 nav (touchscreen, right?); if it turns out that you can't use it, I might be interested in buying it off you for the right price... :grinyes:

fyrcaptain
05-12-2005, 04:13 PM
As the prior reply states, it will NOT work in the 02, no Class II data bus.

Add your comment to this topic!