Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I Can't Find The Correct Shifter Cable!!! Help!

-FROG-
04-04-2002, 04:14 PM
I am running in circles for a shifter cable(I think it's the "Shift Selector Cable") for the Mirage S(Euro-Works) Countach LP5000S Lamborghini Replica. I have ordered 2 different Fiero cables but they are both too short and are not threaded at the shifter side for adjustments. I don't know if the cable is even a GM cable, it could be a Ford cable for all I know since the car is modified for the kit. Can anyone help? The freakin Tech guys won't answer their phones at Euro-Works and IFG.:( :( :(

myf355r
10-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Hello did you ever get any help on the selector cable for your kit car I am running into the same issue with mine I have af355 kit car with a 3inch stretch the shifter cable fit well but the slector ( smaller diameter cable is short. If you found out the solution could you share iam really getting frustrated. thanks Jeff from Michigan

-FROG-
10-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Hey Jeff. No, sorry to say, I didn't find the correct cable. I did get a little information that will hopefully help you out.

As for my situation, the cable broke near the shifter(on the threaded adjuster). this allowed me to screw the two pieces back together again. I went to a hardware shop and found a long awkward shaped bolt. lierally, it's like the same length as stacking about 5 screws together. some specaility bolt but I found it at Home Depot. I then screwed the 2 roke pieces together after a little fileing and modifying it. It has bee working fine every since. I am not sure where yours is broke but hopefully you can rig yours as wel.

However, I did get a little information about the cable setup. I spoke to my kit car builders, (Euro-Works Ltd.) and they informed me that they use 2 cables and cut both of them in order to use a piece to extend the cable length. To my understanding, there is no cable that fite the cars perfectly so 2 cables are modified to get the perfect length. Are you a member on Ari's Kit Car message board? Maybe some of these guys can help you but my problem is solved so I havn't posted this on the board in a while. Heres the link: http://www.kitcar.ca/yabbse/index.php . Good luck my friend. -Paul

Add your comment to this topic!