Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where to find good deals on performace clutch kits??

JasonAccord98LX
04-04-2002, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know where to find good deals on a performace clutch for my 98 Accord? I've heard that ATC is a good brand, and I found a pretty good deal on carparts.com. But I don't know of many sites to check out so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks in advance. :)

Also, when replacing the clutch, do I just need to buy the disc or do I need to buy a pressure plate as well? And I should replace the throwout bearing and pilot bearing, right? I am thinking that buying a complete clutch kit is the best idea--but I just dont know any places to find good deals.

rockerdude
04-05-2002, 01:11 AM
try nopi.com, when i bought from them back then, they had good deals. i haven't bought from them lately so i don't if the price changed dramatically.
when you replace, the clutch, you have to replace everything beside the fly wheel which you can get it resurface at your local autoshop or better yet, if you want better performance, you can buy a new flywheel.

HamsterStyle
04-05-2002, 07:51 AM
What kind of prices are you finding? I just got an ACT not too long ago and I love it. So much better than stock. It puts the 127 hamsterpower to the ground like the car had a pair.

ricodemus
04-05-2002, 08:21 AM
If your looking at act, I think I found the best price at www.modacar.com.

HamsterStyle
04-05-2002, 09:10 AM
$450 is good?!? I got mine for $350, but my buddy ordered it thru work. I can get them for $375-$390 at the local import shops though.

JasonAccord98LX
04-05-2002, 10:06 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I checked nopi, and I found a centerforce model for only like 200 bucks. Since that is so cheaper than the rest, does that mean that it sucks??

HamsterStyle
04-05-2002, 10:09 AM
my buddy had one in his 95 civic and I liked it but everyone I talk to steered me away from centerforce and they all said that ACT was far superior to centerforce. I love my ACT.

JasonAccord98LX
04-05-2002, 10:11 AM
Thanks man, I was just wondering because the centerforce is less than half the price--and I am concerned about my budget.

rockerdude
04-06-2002, 01:24 AM
centerforce is a brand name. it's excellent for daily driving. i would recommend it if you don't plan on trying to make your car the best. it's good for lightly mod cars like i/h/e and other minor mods.

JasonAccord98LX
04-06-2002, 12:10 PM
Cool, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I do only plan to put I/H/E on my car. I just wanted something that grabbed a little harder and was a little tougher than stock. Thanks for the info rockerdude.:D

JasonAccord98LX
04-06-2002, 02:13 PM
By the way, I forgot to ask--does anyone know any other places besides NOPI where I can find the centerforce clutch for my car? NOPI only offers the centerforce dual friction clutch, and I am only looking for the Centerforce 1 or Centerforce 2. Thanks in advance.

ric
04-06-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by JasonAccord98LX
By the way, I forgot to ask--does anyone know any other places besides NOPI where I can find the centerforce clutch for my car? NOPI only offers the centerforce dual friction clutch, and I am only looking for the Centerforce 1 or Centerforce 2. Thanks in advance.

i believe importparts.com has them. you might also wanna check out clutchmasters.

rockerdude
04-06-2002, 05:15 PM
I forgot to mention Jason, you have to use centerforce stage 2 and higher, stage one is for stock car with no mods whatsoever. i can't seem to think of any place that has better deals on clutch other than nopi which i mean in terms of a big company that actually ship fast and give you good customer service.

JasonAccord98LX
04-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Thanks a lot for the info rockerdude; I'll stick with the dual friction one from NOPI. I've been looking around as well and thats by far the cheapest deal I could find. Thanks again:D

Add your comment to this topic!