Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

3.1L head bolts

steveb_92rodeo
04-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Wanted to put the rebuilt heads back on my 92 Rodeo today, but upon wire-wheeling the head bolts, I have 3 that have threads that are far less than desirable, and beyond puting the dye on.

No one around here (Lake Ontario, Ontario Canada) can get just the head bolts.

I don't have time to do the wrecker thing, so does anyone know for sure if someone down in the U.S. can ship them to me?

If you have some, or can get them, please advise.

- 92 Rodeo
- 5 spd
- 8 bolts/head

Also, my Chilton manual has conflicting information for the sequence of tightening and the actual torque. I figure 41 Lbs, then an additional 90*, but any help (as always) appreciated.

I'd rather just replace the entire 16 instead of buying what I need.

I have the entire gasket kit, and I was quite upset when I found this, as it completely halts production!

Thanks as always everyone!

Steve

amigo-2k
04-15-2005, 07:17 PM
http://headbolts.com/isuzu.html

headbolts.com (HA!)

no listing for Isuzu 3.1 but since it is a GM engine maybe look under chevy?

steveb_92rodeo
04-15-2005, 07:28 PM
:)

Not like I work in the Internet industry and should of guessed that you know..(headbolts.com) LOL

Seriously though, I don't watch anything Chevy. My baby is a 'zu, so this is where I ask.

If no one can come up with anything off the top of their head, I'll look at Chevy. However, I've been advised that the car engines and the truck engines (3.1) were different.

I've never seen a GM truck with a 3.1 in it. 2.8, 4.3, but not 3.1. Is the 2.8 and 3.1 headbolts the same? (Again, probably a Chevy question).

Steve

steveb_92rodeo
04-15-2005, 07:32 PM
...ohh, and quickly....

My girlfriend is watching on and off.

I need her to see how helpful and nice people are here, so I can convince her to come with me to Moab and Uwharrie next year :)

Steve

amigo-2k
04-15-2005, 08:41 PM
the 2.8, 3.1 and 3.4 are all the same.

there are a handfull of trooper guys who replace there 2.8 with a 3.4.

steveb_92rodeo
04-16-2005, 09:37 AM
the 2.8, 3.1 and 3.4 are all the same.

there are a handfull of trooper guys who replace there 2.8 with a 3.4.

Excellent!

Thanks Ryan. I'm going to take the time to hit the yard today and pull some bolts. I need my ride for camping season!

Steve

Add your comment to this topic!