Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lower my 633csi

bgonz
04-15-2005, 06:21 PM
just got my 81 633csi running. I would like to change thr wheel size to 17/18 dia. and If anyone outthere know how to lower this car approx. 3" I can use any and all thier help. thanks again

slyhog-22056
04-25-2005, 08:44 AM
And here I am trying to find replacement springs to get mine vack up to stock ride height.....

myfirstsix
05-01-2005, 04:58 PM
ONce you find out let me know..i'll be doing the same thing too. I found a pair of 18" Alpina replicas with 245/18 Falkens on them for 1250.00 US. I still bitting at the bit to get them... need a kick in the pants! What did you decide on?

Manny

bgonz
05-03-2005, 08:47 PM
ONce you find out let me know..i'll be doing the same thing too. I found a pair of 18" Alpina replicas with 245/18 Falkens on them for 1250.00 US. I still bitting at the bit to get them... need a kick in the pants! What did you decide on?

Manny
Still looking for help. But my tire and wheel guy advised me that I can use the wheels and tires off 5/7 models, Bolt pattern and set back are the same. As far as lowering the car I'm going to get under and see what I can come up with on my own. Thanks for your interest If I get good prices for the wheels I'll let you know. Thanks again Bill

slyhog-22056
05-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Yes the 5 bolt BMW patterns are all the same and I have seen factory 14", 15", and 16" wheels. My boss at work has a newer 5 series with the 5 hole wheels and are 17". They are factory wheels because they have BMW in raised letters near the center hole. As far as lowering you will have to go with lowering springs and then deal with rear camber problems, and simple realignment of the front end. when lowering a 6 series it cants the top of the tires inward. Mine are in at 3+ degrees and wanting to find springs to bring up the rear end a little over 2" to original height. Dont heat springs to lower the car, extremely dangerous, just buy lowering springs and do it right. If your springs are good and may fit my 1984 633CSi would you want to sell them??

bgonz
05-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Yes the 5 bolt BMW patterns are all the same and I have seen factory 14", 15", and 16" wheels. My boss at work has a newer 5 series with the 5 hole wheels and are 17". They are factory wheels because they have BMW in raised letters near the center hole. As far as lowering you will have to go with lowering springs and then deal with rear camber problems, and simple realignment of the front end. when lowering a 6 series it cants the top of the tires inward. Mine are in at 3+ degrees and wanting to find springs to bring up the rear end a little over 2" to original height. Dont heat springs to lower the car, extremely dangerous, just buy lowering springs and do it right. If your springs are good and may fit my 1984 633CSi would you want to sell them??
Thanks for your info. On the spring situation I read that you are trying to raise your 6 serie to factory height. If your springs will fit my 81 633csi we can do an even trade no money just shipping cost. Thanks again Bill

slyhog-22056
05-13-2005, 09:25 AM
That would be nice but I would have to go without my baby for about a week shipping and waiting. Dont know if yours will be the same as mine but since my springs sag the tires are canted in at the top a little over 3*. Dont know if that is what you want. I know if I lift mine back up the tires will straighten up a lot. You might want to check and see if yours will cant inwards by loading up the trunk and checking it then. The front isnt a problem because you can use adjustable camber plates to align it.

Add your comment to this topic!