Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

wheel spacers

ArnzCardz
04-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Has anyone tried wheel spacers on the rear wheels? They seem to be a little farther in than the front? Did it stop the lean at all, if you did and did it change the ride at all? Thanks in advance.

blazee
04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
There is a discussion in the Blazer forum now about the instability of these vehicles. They talk about the wheel spacers and tell where to get them:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=392101

ArnzCardz
04-15-2005, 06:48 PM
There is a discussion in the Blazer forum now about the instability of these vehicles. They talk about the wheel spacers and tell where to get them:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=392101
Do you happen to know what size I need for a 99 GMC SLT? Thanks again Blazee...

blazee
04-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Yours should be the same as a Blazer.

I am considering it, but I have not put spacers on mine yet, so I can't say for sure what the correct size is. According to what AlmostStock has you will need 1.25" spacers with a 4.75" bolt pattern and 12mm 1.5 pitch threads.

casualchris
04-15-2005, 08:37 PM
What do these spacers do? Simply move the wheelbase wider?

cc

ArnzCardz
04-16-2005, 07:26 AM
Yours should be the same as a Blazer.

I am considering it, but I have not put spacers on mine yet, so I can't say for sure what the correct size is. According to what AlmostStock has you will need 1.25" spacers with a 4.75" bolt pattern and 12mm 1.5 pitch threads.
Will the studs have to be replaced?? Thanks again Blazee...

blazee
04-17-2005, 03:33 PM
What do these spacers do? Simply move the wheelbase wider?

cc

The front tires are 2" further apart than the rear. Adding spacers to the rear will move the tires out and give the vehicle a more stable feel.

blazee
04-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Will the studs have to be replaced?? Thanks again Blazee...

As long as you go with the 1.25" spacers, I think the original studs will be ok.

BlazerLT
04-18-2005, 09:41 PM
Spacers will not affect the stability.

2 inches will not make a difference and would be a waste of money.

blazee
04-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Chcknugget said he could really tell a difference.

BlazerLT
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Chcknugget said he could really tell a difference.

2 inches is not going to be noticeable.

chcknugget
04-21-2005, 02:37 PM
2 inches is not going to be noticeable.

Then why is the 2 door blazer the "most deadly vehicle on the road"? The 2dr's (2wd) wheelbase is at least 2 inch thinner than the 4dr I think this may be a big factor in the higher rollover rate.

I had 1.25" rear spacers on each side (2.5") and I could feel a difference. When turning the suspension felt firmmer and sportier. Best part is it looked good. I have the spacers off at the moment and it doesn't look right anymore.

BlazerLT
04-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Then why is the 2 door blazer the "most deadly vehicle on the road"? The 2dr's (2wd) wheelbase is at least 2 inch thinner than the 4dr I think this may be a big factor in the higher rollover rate.

I had 1.25" rear spacers on each side (2.5") and I could feel a difference. When turning the suspension felt firmmer and sportier. Best part is it looked good. I have the spacers off at the moment and it doesn't look right anymore.

It is not bacause of the width, it is also because of the length as well.

If two inches made that much of a difference, you would think that every sports car owner would be doing it to the car immediately.

Putting spacers on and thinking your car is all of a sudden a cornering monster on rails is just not a smart thing to promote.

You could put all 4 inches to the overall width and if the same conditions occured, you would still be flipping the truck due to its high center of gravity.

Add your comment to this topic!