Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

FS: Transgo Shift Kit 99+ 4l60e

01Blackerado
04-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Transgo shift kit $80.00 shipped!!

jeverett
04-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Transgo shift kit $80.00 shipped!!

is this the heavy duty unit?? I've been looking for one of those.

01Blackerado
04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
No sir, Sorry J. how's your truck runnin anyway?

jeverett
04-19-2005, 06:36 AM
It's doing very well! I haven't had a single problem after the engine swap. I can tell that the engine is a newer model from my old one, and I need to get Allen to tune me a '02 PCM to really wake it up. I've been wanting a shift kit so I can get all of my Torque Management removed.. would your kit allow me to do this, or is the HD kit the one I need?

01Blackerado
04-19-2005, 08:09 AM
To remove all the TQ management I, just my 2 cents, advise getting the tranny completely built for it so therefor there's no problems at all!! But alot of people take it off even without the shift kit at all and do just fine! Being that you have a regular cab, it will be alot easier for you to get away with it, without having to build the whole tranny! How much power would you guestimate that you have out the motor!? If not alot(330hp, 370trq) then you might be fine with no upgrade at all!! If you think you have anywhere near more than that, then you need do something before you remove it all( Shift kit + Servos, Servos + accuator, or the whole build up)

jeverett
04-19-2005, 10:11 AM
So far, here's all I've done.
Stock 2002 engine..maybe out of a Tahoe I think.

K&N FIPK. throttle body bypass, shaved the egr tube (gunna get allen to delete it) the Flowmaster cat-back, and the tune.

Trying to get some e-fans soon if I can find a good deal on some. And some Long-tubes if i can find a deal also.

So I dunno where to start estimating how much power....if you gan guestimate with those bolt on's..

01Blackerado
04-19-2005, 10:27 AM
If its a 5.3 then id say right around 32x HP 36x Trq

01Blackerado
04-19-2005, 10:29 AM
So you should be fine without the kit at all but again, its risky, the shift kit i have will help out but it wont be the answer to all if any problem pccured with all Trq managment removed

jeverett
04-20-2005, 06:35 AM
Well dang man. I was looking forward to having one!! They don't cost too terribly much though do they? I've seen a bunch on e-bay, but I don't know the part # for the HD kit. I also thought about getting the kit and a servo from Allen.

01Blackerado
04-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Thats definatley an option for ya

bowtieguy
04-20-2005, 04:34 PM
So far, here's all I've done.
Stock 2002 engine..maybe out of a Tahoe I think.

K&N FIPK. throttle body bypass, shaved the egr tube (gunna get allen to delete it) the Flowmaster cat-back, and the tune.

Trying to get some e-fans soon if I can find a good deal on some. And some Long-tubes if i can find a deal also.

So I dunno where to start estimating how much power....if you gan guestimate with those bolt on's..

Jayson you mentioned throttle body bypass, and shaved egr tube. what exactly are these mods? how simple are they? what improvements are there from doing these mods?lets see any other questions i can ask....no thats probably enough. sorry about all the questions i have heard of a few free mods but never heard of those two, if they in fact are free and you are not talking about bolt on mods.

Silverado Brethern
04-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey im gettin a Nelson tuned pcm here as soon as i get my next set of tires and i was wondering too about if i should get a shift kit for my truck to give the old tranny (origional 4l60e) a lil added strength. I want to get one put on any way but was just wondering if any of you had any input as to which kind to get....

jeverett
04-21-2005, 06:51 AM
Jayson you mentioned throttle body bypass, and shaved egr tube. what exactly are these mods? how simple are they? what improvements are there from doing these mods?lets see any other questions i can ask....no thats probably enough. sorry about all the questions i have heard of a few free mods but never heard of those two, if they in fact are free and you are not talking about bolt on mods.

The throttle-body bypass is where you take the coolant line that is running through the bottom of the throttle-body, and splice it together with a brass coupling. This keeps hot water from going through the TB and theoretically makes for cooler air entering the engine. I'm not sure how much power it gains, but it's only like $.50 or so to do.

The EGR shave is where you take the ERG tube out of the intake, cut the end off so it's flush with the intake when you bolt it back on. I don't think it makes for much of a gain either, but heck, I figured they are both free, or nearly free and they can't hurt anything.

I also de-screened the MAF, which I wish I hadnt done. The screen is too bent up to put back in now :disappoin

bowtieguy
04-21-2005, 11:44 AM
The throttle-body bypass is where you take the coolant line that is running through the bottom of the throttle-body, and splice it together with a brass coupling. This keeps hot water from going through the TB and theoretically makes for cooler air entering the engine. I'm not sure how much power it gains, but it's only like $.50 or so to do.

The EGR shave is where you take the ERG tube out of the intake, cut the end off so it's flush with the intake when you bolt it back on. I don't think it makes for much of a gain either, but heck, I figured they are both free, or nearly free and they can't hurt anything.

I also de-screened the MAF, which I wish I hadnt done. The screen is too bent up to put back in now :disappoin

Does sound logical cooler air fuel mixture. i see you have a 99 there isnt any difference for an 02 is there? i have already removed my MAF screen and modified my air box and duct too.thanks for the info Jayson.

jeverett
04-21-2005, 11:54 AM
No problem man, anytime.

Theres not one bit of difference between the two :D

dirtrider126
04-21-2007, 01:45 AM
I was looking at the transgo shift kits and what are the options for a silverado 5.3intake,exuast,programmer. Also what is a corvette servo.

Add your comment to this topic!