Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Supra wont crank

87turbosupra
04-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Well im new to the site and my first thread is going to be about a problem.....I have a 87 supra turbo that wont start..Its like taking out the battery and trying to start the car...The headlites work the hazards work and a couple dash lites work...Nothing else works like windows,door locks,seat motor,tail lites,wipers,radio,Aftermarket tach and turbo timer,etc etc..the guy who had the car before me installed all the aftermarket electrical parts..I got the car not starting for a eclipse with a blown engine ...I replaced the starter with a brand new one still the car wont do anything at all wont even try to start..I have checked fuses and relays...And the battery...Does anyone have any idea what I should look for..Im completley lost...Its not the alarm kill switch...Thanx

projectsupramk3
04-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Is it getting no power to the starter or ignition at all? You could try replacing/cleaning both battery terminals, if that doesn't do it then see if the CB is tripped. It's next to the fuses in the kick panel and has a small hole in the center, stick a toothpick or something similar in and see if it clicks. If it still doesn't work then it could possably be a bad ignition switch or any number of other electrical problems.

87turbosupra
04-15-2005, 08:07 PM
O kI will try that...Well this is what I did with a volt meter.....Well more good news..I went out there with a volt meter and tested some things..The battery=12 volts,altenater=12volts,the wires to the ignition..The 2 brown wires gave me 12volts..The other wires gave me 0volts thats why the turbo timer dont work it was spliced in the ignition..I tested the turbo timer with the battery and it works..I also tested the plug the ignition wires go to I only got 1 wire to give me 12 volts..I tested relays got 0volts from them unless there is a special way to test the relays...I tested the breakers and got 2 volts from both of them...So im thinking its definitaly electrical....Any input...What else should I test

87turbosupra
04-15-2005, 08:09 PM
No its not getting power to the starter..The ignition when I turn the key the battery lite in the dashboard comes on..So the ignition is getting some power just wont start the car

Add your comment to this topic!