Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ugh....

Mr. Luos
04-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Okay. So I am out and about today with the Trans Am.

I pulled up TWICE next to Mustangs. One 2001 (or so) GT, and one 2005 GT. I tried egging on both cars. Nothing. I looked over, and the owners where both male, maybe late 20's for each.

So, I give some small revs to both. Bounce the car forward a little. Continue to look at them. No bites.
Hell, there was even a guy that I didn't catch at a light, but he wouldn't take any bait either.

Why won't Mustangs run me??? I don't need races to 100 or anything, just to the speed limit of 55. WHY???

End rant.

clawhammer
04-14-2005, 07:13 PM
They're intimidated by you, probably your loud exhaust.

dampachi
04-14-2005, 07:15 PM
I can't even get fellow stangs to race me. :shrugs:

93rollaracer
04-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Call Buntrice/DetroitMuscle up...I'm sure him and his imaginary 4500003838 hp v6 would run you.

CivRacer95
04-14-2005, 08:58 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/232382type_r_lawn_mower_sized-med.jpg

'Nuff said :biggrin:. L8...

TheStang00
04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
a lot of people buy mustangs... usually people who buy a trans am are like you and gonna wanna run it. with stangs thats not necessarily true. although maybe unfortunate

importeater5_0
04-14-2005, 09:18 PM
hey i bought my stang to race, most firebirds i see around here are drivin by 40 year old ladys.

TheStang00
04-14-2005, 09:31 PM
well heh i thought that might happen... i didnt mean that no mustang drivers buy em to race... most that buy a gt probably do. but i was jsut saying that not all of them do, those firebirds are like the v6 mustang tho, theres a lot of 40 yr old women in em. they are v6's.

Mr. Luos
04-14-2005, 09:53 PM
hey i bought my stang to race, most firebirds i see around here are drivin by 40 year old ladys.
Dems fightin words!!! :rofl:

RedLightning
04-14-2005, 10:11 PM
I once saw a bright orange late model firebird V6 driven by some old lady in her 80s, kinda funny.

chevytrucks92
04-15-2005, 12:07 AM
Lol. Maybe they are just a little bit chicken, lol.

I have a friend with a 2001 Bullet Mustang (essentially a GT with a few extra options and maybe 5 more ponies) and we were BEHIND a 93-97 Z28 and I had to pretty much call him everything but a chicken shit to get him to even try and keep up with the Z! He finally was like, "Ok, if he guns it then I will too", lol. My friend stayed with him through 1st and 2nd, but when he hit 3rd the Z28 just started pulling. Turned out the Z28 was an automatic, lol.

But yea, seriously, the guys are probably figuring "If this guy is trying to pick a race with me, then he is probably going to slaughter me", lol.

drftk1d
04-15-2005, 09:08 PM
maybe youre driving the wrong car. sell the T/a and the new v8 and buy a hyundai sonata and buy all your parts from autozone. then nobody can resist you.

Mr. Luos
04-15-2005, 09:41 PM
maybe youre driving the wrong car. sell the T/a and the new v8 and buy a hyundai sonata and buy all your parts from autozone. then nobody can resist you.
:rofl:

That would work perfect. Let's drop the new motor in a Metro. Rice is all the hell. That should get be some races. And probably kill me in a couple weeks of driving it. :lol:

I did have a chick in a V6 Stang try me today. I don't remember the last time I won a race without going over 3,500 RPM's. :evillol:
We ended up getting stopped at a light later on. She looked over, and I couldn't resist. I asked her if she was trying. She said..."Yes, and you were too." I kinda laughed it off, and said I never went about half throttle. She turned her head all pissy like and took off. :smokin:

drftk1d
04-15-2005, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Luos] I don't remember the last time I won a race without going over 3,500 RPM's./QUOTE]
complete ownage.

Thourun
04-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Its sad, theres a nice looking IROC 3rd gen camaro thats always parked in the handycapped section of the local veterans hospital, my favorite 80's car is handycaped :(.

dampachi
04-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Lol. Maybe they are just a little bit chicken, lol.

I have a friend with a 2001 Bullet Mustang (essentially a GT with a few extra options and maybe 5 more ponies) and we were BEHIND a 93-97 Z28 and I had to pretty much call him everything but a chicken shit to get him to even try and keep up with the Z! He finally was like, "Ok, if he guns it then I will too", lol. My friend stayed with him through 1st and 2nd, but when he hit 3rd the Z28 just started pulling. Turned out the Z28 was an automatic, lol.

But yea, seriously, the guys are probably figuring "If this guy is trying to pick a race with me, then he is probably going to slaughter me", lol.

Bullit Mustangs are rated at 285hp and run mid/high 13s all day. So what..your friend didn't want to race on the streets. Last time I checked street racing is dangerous and illegal. Sure it's easy for you to sit shotgun and try to get him to break the law because if anything bad happens..you walk away no strings attached. If he gets pulled over..no biggie for you..it's not your money paying the ticket or your insurrance going up or your record having a street racing, speeding, and reckless driving ticket added to it. And you were trying to get him to go full throttle with a car INFRONT of him??? Real fucking smart. What if the Z28 slammed on his brakes for some reason? And your buddy plowed right into him? Oh yeah..that's nothing to you. It's not your car anyway.

CivRacer95
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Dampachi, you seem to be in a very grumpy mood lately. Maybe you should tone it down a bit. Alright? Just cause I like yaz and all. Would hate to see you get banned again. L8...

tha_new_guy
04-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Bullit Mustangs are rated at 285hp and run mid/high 13s all day. So what..your friend didn't want to race on the streets. Last time I checked street racing is dangerous and illegal. Sure it's easy for you to sit shotgun and try to get him to break the law because if anything bad happens..you walk away no strings attached. If he gets pulled over..no biggie for you..it's not your money paying the ticket or your insurrance going up or your record having a street racing, speeding, and reckless driving ticket added to it. And you were trying to get him to go full throttle with a car INFRONT of him??? Real fucking smart. What if the Z28 slammed on his brakes for some reason? And your buddy plowed right into him? Oh yeah..that's nothing to you. It's not your car anyway.
Dude, you need to go get blown. :)

Your naturally asirated grumpy ass aint no fun.

chevytrucks92
04-19-2005, 12:56 PM

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/fordbullitt.html

2001 Bullet Mustang GT:
-Price.............................$26,800
-Curb Weight...................3273 lbs
-Layout..........................front engine/RWD
-Transmission..................5-spd. manual

Engine:
-Type............................V-8
-Displacement.................4605cc
-HORSEPOWER..............265 BHP@5600 RPMS
-Torque.........................305 lbs-tq@4000 rpms

Performance:
-0-60............................5.6 sec.
-1/4-mile......................14.1@98 (-1/4-mile......................14.1@98) mph

I realize street racing is not safe. I realize what could happen. So did my friend.

"Ok, if he guns it then I will too"
The Z28 had ALREADY took off, we were a good 2 car lengths, if not more, behind him. We remained that good 2 car lengths untill 3rd gear, and then the Z28 started pulling, we shut down. How is that not any safer then being side by side, maybe 6 or 8 ft. from another car, going 75 or so mph? The correct answer is ITS NOT, but the point I'm making here is yeah street racing is not smart, alot of things could happen, and regardless of where the cars are positioned, bad things still can happen.

dampachi
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm in a bad mood, actually. I'm getting tired of waiting for my parts and shit. That shits fucking gay. And yeah..what I said got all messed up. LT1s have 285hp I think. But..I do see bullits run 13s alot. Mostly 13.7s, 13.8s. And I'm just saying..don't insult somebody because they aren't willing to take a risk for your amusement. it's stupid.

chevytrucks92
04-19-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm in a bad mood, actually. I'm getting tired of waiting for my parts and shit. That shits fucking gay. And yeah..what I said got all messed up. LT1s have 285hp I think. But..I do see bullits run 13s alot. Mostly 13.7s, 13.8s. And I'm just saying..don't insult somebody because they aren't willing to take a risk for your amusement. it's stupid.

Yeah, LT1s were rated at 285 for maybe 96 and 97. The 93-95 or 96s ones were rated at 275 I believe, Formula LT1 could most certainly straighten that up. It'd be possible for a Bullet to go 13s. Your car has run 13s if I'm not mistaken, so yeah, it'd be possible and his does seem to run particularly strong.

Anyways, if you knew my friend, you would understand why I "pushed him" into the sort-of race, lol. This guy revs at every 4-cylinder car he sees and always picks at them in his Bullet. But when something comes up that would give him a decent run (like the LT1 Z28), he starts coming up with excuses. So its not like he's not willing to race, becuase he drives the car very hard, but just when the competition gets a little stiff, he tends to shy away.

Mr. Luos
04-19-2005, 01:21 PM
I had a GT rev at me the other day.

The problem was, he was going the opposite direction. What the hell was the point of revving at me???

dampachi
04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Other mustang owners almost make me sick sometimes. This guy revved on me in a fucking mall parking lot while I was trying to find a parking place. YET, If I pull up beside a mustang on the street at a light..I get no reaction. Here I am. Reppin' the 1% of mustang owners who actually drag race.

chevytrucks92
04-19-2005, 01:28 PM
I had a GT rev at me the other day.

The problem was, he was going the opposite direction. What the hell was the point of revving at me???

Dampachi is dead on with it, lol. 1% of Mustang GT owners actually race their cars, where as IMO the other 99% only race what they are 100% sure they can beat, lol. Atleast that's how my friend is.

Mr. Luos
04-19-2005, 01:57 PM
I was actually thinking the guy was trying to act tough and fast, but if we actually lined them up, he wouldn't run. Since I was heading the other way, he could act bad to a car that would eat him. The rev he tossed up sounded stock.

chevytrucks92
04-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah, that would fit well into the "only race what they know they can beat" theory.

TheStang00
04-19-2005, 04:42 PM
well i dont know if its only 1% of gt owners... i mean id think gt owners would be a higher percentage than that, its the v6 owners that make it so damn low, now i dont mind losing because i know my car isnt the fastest thing and im not afraid to tell people that. infact i still wanna find a car with a hemi in it just to see how fast they really are... even though i know ill get killed

evil6remlin
04-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Last weekend I was cruising up ritchie with my friend in his GSX and we came upon a stoplight where two 03-04 mustang cobras were lined up right next to each other. I was hoping so bad that they would go but they just took off normally. They still sounded mean as hell even from a normal start.

dampachi
04-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Damn, evil6remlin..I had no idea you lived here. I cruise ritchie all the time. :)

Mr. Luos
04-22-2005, 01:50 PM
A continuance.....

I was outside washing the car today, since I really have nothing better to do. :lol:
Anyways, there is a maroon Eclipse that is parked down the street occasionally. I have caught this guy out on a 4 lane road local to the house, and he wouldn't do anything.
Today though, while driving by, he made sure that he let the BOV go right when he was passing my house. Like trying to show off or something.
Here is to hoping I get a chance with this guy sometime.

Add your comment to this topic!