Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 camaro SS or 2002 WRX

wishihadaskyline
04-04-2002, 02:39 AM
which is overall best. excluding price and crappy looks. please give some 0-60mph and 1/4 times. having a quarrel with a friend and need to print out proof.:D thanks for replying in advance.

del
04-04-2002, 01:18 PM
camero 0-60 low 5's
wrx 0-60 high 5's

for pure no nonsense power and torque, the camero. but one's a sedana and the other is a coupe, so which is more practical is up to what kinda car you're lookin for. a high 5 second sedan is always a good thing, and AWD is nice. the camero would be more fun to toss around on corners though being RWD, get the rear end loose and get yourself in a tail spin. i love that. i hear the WRX's handling isn't very good at all. and also above 5K rpms it doesnt' pull nearly as hard anymore. that's just mere speculation though. for strictly performance purposes, i think i'd have to go with the camero on this. fr everything else, the WRX.

LjasonL
04-05-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by del
i hear the WRX's handling isn't very good at all.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

oh sorry u were serious.

well i have driven wrx's and i own a 2.5 impreza, and i can say even though my 2.5 has softer spring rates and less power than a wrx, i still beat a camaro ss on an autocross course. and the camaro guy wasnt a crappy driver, he was a 50 year old guy who has been autocrossing for god knows how long.

the camaro may be more fun handling, but the wrx will still do it better.

theyre really 2 different cars for 2 different purposes, its hard to compare the 2. i think its obvious which one i would tell u to get so im not gonna. just know that the wrx is a hell of a lot more practical, and will outdrag the camaro if the road is wet or loose, and will out handle the camaro any day of the week.

del
04-05-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by ldelaysionl

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

oh sorry u were serious.

well i have driven wrx's and i own a 2.5 impreza, and i can say even though my 2.5 has softer spring rates and less power than a wrx, i still beat a camaro ss on an autocross course. and the camaro guy wasnt a crappy driver, he was a 50 year old guy who has been autocrossing for god knows how long.

the camaro may be more fun handling, but the wrx will still do it better.

theyre really 2 different cars for 2 different purposes, its hard to compare the 2. i think its obvious which one i would tell u to get so im not gonna. just know that the wrx is a hell of a lot more practical, and will outdrag the camaro if the road is wet or loose, and will out handle the camaro any day of the week.

well i do think you have a little more biased opinion obviously. and i'm just goin by what i've heard from more than a number of people, i personally haven't had the chance to really push the WRX hard in the turns. so i'm not askin you to believe a word i say, but like i said, it's what i've been told by people who either have a WRX, or others that have been able to beat on a WRX for a while. i've ridden in one while bein driven hard, there's a lot more body lean and it does feel a little more sloppy in close tight turns, but that could be just the driver's fault. i wouldn't know.

:silly2: :bloated:

LjasonL
04-05-2002, 09:47 AM
it does lean a lot, ill give u that. but even though it may feel like its leaning too much, trust me itll grip. i do have a biased opinion, but i also knwo how well it will corner from personal experience. get somebody who knows how to drive it well, which is hard cuz theyre so new not a lot of people are used to them yet unless they race constantly, but if u can drive it well there aint much that will catch it in the corners.

banchi105
04-05-2002, 01:26 PM
I think the camero would have it on the straight lines (doesnt it have a 1/4 mile in the 12's?)
but the saburu would win with its above-average handling on corners.

it really depends the type of race they were involved in.

Add your comment to this topic!