Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

test pipe??

slow_99integra
04-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Do test pipes really work. In theory it would work, but N/A cars need back pressure. Recently i got a ported head, im and 74/69 mm throttle body installed. This set up yielded no gain at all. The dynos were exactly the same. WTF?? Any way i have been told to hollow out my cat or get a test pipe. i was told this will help. Cams would help, but in the next 2-3 months im going to supercharge it with a jackson racing charger. so stock cams work the best. any info would be great. has this happened to anyone other than me??

By the way me exhaust smells like eggs and rotten ass. its so bad that cars behind me can smell it. I know my cat is toast.

Ace$nyper
04-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Honestly i don't buy into them or like them for hondas.
Hondas 3 way cats flow well and keep the earth clean.

I had my cat die and I got a Smog legal Catco one no real change other then tone and it was 1/6 price of Hondas.

If you need a new cat get somthing like catco or random tech if not dont bother many other ways to make power

integralover
04-15-2005, 09:24 AM
i had a test pipe on mine. it did not make much of a difference at all. there was so little back pressure that when i would let off the gas it would sound as if it was backfiring. later i really wanted my cat back on there remembering that i tossed it i just went to a you pull it junk yard and got another for $10 and hollowed it out. not completly, but just enough. but then if you live in cali, your stuck with the cat

superbluecivicsi
04-16-2005, 02:33 AM
a test pipe is a jrsc's friend.

CBURKE
04-16-2005, 07:26 AM
What yr?
I may be wrong on this but i was told that removeing your cat could put the car in limp mode. 96to98
Anyway just get a nice high flow cat and that should be fine. As for you HP prob, the stuff you did to it is really only for topend. Just wait till you SC it then it will make all the diff. You are not getting any gains now but you will. I think you posted about the IM and the bigger TB and we told you NO!!! But some people don't hear the wisdom.

slow_99integra
04-16-2005, 08:29 AM
yes i did and please believe this whole experience humbled me, i learned a very important lesson. The first mod done is needs to be forced induction. In all honsty there was only 1 way to find out this wouldn't work out for me. Try it and see what happens. There is some sort of restriction that i did not take into account. either my cat or my cams.

CBURKE
04-16-2005, 10:41 AM
what kind of SC are you getting? Jackson?

See you should does what we said. Most of us here have been there done that and can tell you NO don't wast your money. But it is up to you. Like take when you were little and your mom would say NO don't do that and you would do it anyway, and after that you think damn i should have done what she said. It's ok you live and learn.

slow_99integra
04-16-2005, 12:33 PM
getting a jackson racing sc with jackson high flow fuel pump and an msd ignition. the shop that is doing the work said that with the block guard is should be able to run 7.5 psi. does that sound correct?

CBURKE
04-16-2005, 03:39 PM
yeah, but you know you just spent all that money on an IM that you now will lose? I like them SC they work really well. You'll like it.

CBURKE
04-16-2005, 03:40 PM
yeah, but you know you just spent all that money on an IM that you now will lose? I like them SC they work really well. You'll like it.

superbluecivicsi
04-16-2005, 05:15 PM
getting a jackson racing sc with jackson high flow fuel pump and an msd ignition. the shop that is doing the work said that with the block guard is should be able to run 7.5 psi. does that sound correct?

you dont need the msd or block guard. your stock ignition systrem is fine. your stock internals are fine. get colder plugs and engine management to take care of the tip in detonation and you are set. water injection will be even more helpful on hot sunny days.

bird2431
04-17-2005, 10:02 AM
In theory it would work, but N/A cars need back pressure.

The idea that N/A cars need back pressure is a myth and is NOT true. I thought the same thing also until I did a little research on exhaust. If you would like to read for yourself go here and read the artcicle: http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=48

Add your comment to this topic!