Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Why the GTR will come out in 2008, at earliest

nextgtr
04-14-2005, 03:55 AM
There are no doubts, it will not come out as a production model in 2007.
http://r35forum.com/index.php?showtopic=101

Hossain_Trance101
04-19-2005, 06:32 PM
I am aware of that. Its arrival at all is questionable and even if it does come out - it would no longer be named Nissan Skyline GT-R. Instead, it would be Infiniti GT-R (This is in the States by the way). I probably won't get anything down here is Aus (darn).

1viadrft
04-20-2005, 05:42 PM
I am aware of that. Its arrival at all is questionable and even if it does come out - it would no longer be named Nissan Skyline GT-R. Instead, it would be Infiniti GT-R (This is in the States by the way). I probably won't get anything down here is Aus (darn).

You are completely wrong...

The new Infiniti GTR will arrive world-wide regardless of what you have heard. The 'Infiniti' Badge will also be global... including USA, Japan, Australia and the rest of the world.

nextgtr
04-21-2005, 12:04 AM
The new Infiniti GTR will arrive world-wide regardless of what you have heard. The 'Infiniti' Badge will also be global... including USA, Japan, Australia and the rest of the world.
Pretty much, Nissan has already made trademarks of infiniti gtr.

Tougeman
04-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Infiniti GTR....that pisses me off just thinking about it

supadupasupraman
05-01-2005, 10:16 PM
wait, so have concepts already hit the streets for the new "skyline" aka infinity? im i like way behind here?

VQuick
05-02-2005, 12:11 PM
No. A new concept will be unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show in October. The production car will be close to that.

Skyline_BNR34
05-06-2005, 04:54 PM
I can't wait for the new Skyline AKA Infiniti GTR

1viadrft
05-10-2005, 12:59 PM
I can't wait for the new Skyline AKA Infiniti GTR

It's not gonna be a SKYLINE for ump-teenth time!!!!! GTR! GTR!! GTR!!! GTR!!!

Skyline_BNR34
05-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I can't wait for the new Skyline AKA Infiniti GTRI guess you didn't see the AKA Infiniti GTR part.....

SkylineKingGT-R
05-13-2005, 01:18 PM
You see, this is where most people get there facts wrong; for one, the new Skyline just came out, they sell 'em in a dealership in Seattle, WA. Second, people think that Infiniti will have the next GTR, well to some extent yes. The G35 is really the next one, but there is some differences. You see, Nissan sold to Infinifti the new Skyline body for Infiniti's G35 body. But in 2007, Infininti wil release the G35 400 GTR. It has no relation to the actual Skyline GTR. The new Skyline now isnt a GTR, but it has just as much power as the R34.

<SSR>David
06-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Are you sure? I was told that the new skyline would have 450 horsepower. The current G35 model doesn't even come close to that number. Yes the current and the GTR would look the same but they are not the same cars because of the fact that the engine is pretty much different. I might look the same but it will drive totally different. And ho can they be selling them? Maybe they are selling G35s with skyline badges on them =/...And another thing. Isn't Infinity the same thing as nissans. Its just like Toyota and Lexus or now Scion. Or Honda and Acura. Honda sells the NSX in japan but in the states acura sells them. I see it has the same thing with Nissan and Infinity. Am I wrong anywhere?

Skyline_BNR34
06-23-2005, 01:05 PM
That isn't the Skyline model its the G35 whjich isn't a GTR... It comes out in 2007 and will be called the Infiniti GTR... It dosne't even have a Production Concept of it quite yet that we know of, but it may look like the G35 but a little different...

ghostx
08-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Shelby GT500 vs Infiniti GTR

come join the rediculous discussion!

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=431227&page=1&pp=15

DUI
08-13-2005, 03:32 PM
SkylineKingGT-R,
I should lap you in the face right now, you have no idea what you are talking about. SSR you are completly right on what you have heard. Sorry for the mis-information from the newb. Listen to 1viadrft, VQuick and nextgtr.

Sitruc_bc
02-03-2007, 02:42 PM

Strange. I keep reading that people are baffled because it WON'T be an Infiniti. Nissan says it's because the Nissan badge has more global recognition. But now they're saying it's going to be an Infiniti??!!?!?!

slideways...
02-03-2007, 05:37 PM
dude check teh date on the post. rumors are often proven false. its gonna be a nissan

Add your comment to this topic!