Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lot of questions on RX7

N2OZeBozz
04-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi everybody,
Am new to this section of the forum. I DON'T HAVE AN RX7 YET, but still would like to ask a few questions for FD3S RX7 only :icon16: For sure, I prefer the FD3S RX7 than any supercar(carrera gt,murcie, enzo, etc). Am determined to drive this car. Here are the questions. Am doing maximum research I can on tuning a car but if you can help me, this would be great!

For the first year you own your RX7, how much money have you spent on it?

Which mods did you carry out?(in order would be most welcomed), and which one do you feel you did the best thing(in terms of power, response, money...etc). The more you go in details, the better it will be.

What is the maximum bhp for an FD3S you came across? With two rotors or three rotors?(but not with V8 :loser: or whatever which is not rotary)

And finally you can ignore these questions
Is there Backfire on your RX7? Which mods did you do for it to occur? How much did you spend for this to occur?

If you don't understand something, i'll rephrase it for you. Thanks :smile:

Soyo
04-13-2005, 11:11 PM
first of all it's "I'm" or "I am" not "Am".... sorry it was bugging me

backfire happens with any non-cat exhaust, I don't know if cat-back exhaust get backfire... atleast the way I think you are talking about it...

well bhp is base horse power which is the same for each car of each model... if you mean how much horse power you can get them to... it's more than you will make, lets just say that

I forget the exact bhp of the FD's, somewhere in the mid 200's though

you'll want about 3 grand for maintenance just incase, maybe a little more, not positive on it...

you'll also want to spend 12k or more on the car itself or else you will need a lot more money for maintenance and it will be a hassle

N2OZeBozz
04-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Bhp = brake horse power??? I read that somewhere
yeah its 255. But what is the maximum HP you have seen on the RX7?

D3rELiC
04-14-2005, 01:16 AM
if you think brake horses power is bhp, please get the idea to get an fd out of ur mind...

also, if money is that a concern, u should get an rx7 in the first place, it might not be as hard to get as a carrera but it still needs money, more than an unexperienced driver can afford.

and backfire occur when u run too rich, wich means u can get more out of the engine if ud run a bit leaner, it also happens when u lift the throtle on some cars like the rx7, but its pointless to ask this when purchasing a 15k$ car, it looks like u want to do ur show off more than enjoy the car itself wich also mean u dont generaly ask this question when purchasing an rx7.

ive seen fd being sold with 650 hp on 13b, and i've seen 500hp low boost 20bs

drftk1d
04-14-2005, 09:47 AM
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:GVFnh6wk7uQJ:www.answers.com/topic/horsepower+brake+horsepower+bhp&hl=en
brake horsepower = bhp.

anyway, if you are in america, the FD came with 255 hp from 1993 to 1995. it was discontinued in america after that because mazda (basically) got owned on warranty claims (from people that did not know how to take care of the car). In australia (imports) and japan the hp was bumped up in later years, once to 262hp and then again to 280hp. mazda got the extra 35 hp over the original series 6 rx7 with different cooling system and refined turbos.

now, assuming you are in america, most good condition FD's are in the 14 to 20 thousand range, depending on modification, etc.

reliability mod FAQ:
http://www.nopistons.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6869

things to look for:
-sequential turbo system has alot of hoses and can cause vaccum leaks (ie boost problems).
-stock radiator blows, replace it (dammit mazda)

i'll add some more shit later, thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

Soyo
04-14-2005, 12:53 PM
brake horsepower is stupid. bhp is base horsepower if you ask me... it isn't 1960 here.

anyway I don't think you know anything about rx-7's or the engines so I am not suggesting you buy one

N2OZeBozz
04-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Good advice
Do you know how your monitor works? then why did you buy it? :p

D3rELiC
04-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Good advice
Do you know how your monitor works? then why did you buy it? :p

the monitor isnt meant to be worked on, and is not 12 years old, it doenst cost 3k$ to blow a waterseal, and it doenst requiere as much attention as an rx7 do

go play somehwere else with ur rice back fires

N2OZeBozz
04-14-2005, 05:13 PM
:thefinger Wet your little pu$$y with it then

NuTbAgSaN
04-14-2005, 06:59 PM
i have to go with d3relic on this 1...a kid whos name is n20 asking about backfire and shit? o my god if this kid ever gets an fd please shoot me in the head and bury my cars with me so no one like him can ever get it. :headshake

N2OZeBozz
04-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Hey to all those motherf**kers, When i'll get my RX7, and get you little btches kicked in the a$$, most of you will cry mom.
I didn't want to say it, but, right now you are having red ants in your nice pink little pussies...so,I have property to sell, if ever i wanna buy the rx7, I was asking cuz some said that it needed a lot of money and wanted to know how much!

And yet another thing, if you can't answer my question, just shut ur f**kin'.....
Two fingers is not enough to cream your little whities!!!I learnt it right now!

And yeah, thanks drftk1d for the help, it was very nice

D3rELiC
04-15-2005, 01:44 AM
10$ hes gonna get back crying he cant afford to pop a seal

NuTbAgSaN
04-15-2005, 05:29 PM
shit kid sound like hes not even old enough to freakin drive...o my fucking god. grow up.

N2OZeBozz
04-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey Nuts....don't know what the fuck your name is, pray that your fucking god helps you when you blow yourself
I asked a question and expected an answer, not to listen to your shits and that of other bastards have to say about me, if you really feel like doing it, GO TO THE TOILET, ITS OPEN

If you bitches don't have have an answer to my question or don't know anything, please just shut your fucking mouth. Its that simple. Even someone with a fucked up mind would understand.

Oh am sorry, I didn't know I was speaking to some bitches. To some Human it would surely be way better. They would understand Am sorry bitches,....do you have something else to say??

drftk1d
04-15-2005, 08:55 PM
W E N E E D M O D S !

NuTbAgSaN
04-15-2005, 09:12 PM
hahaha hell yeah we do...or at least some sort of babysitter. :rofl:

Soyo
04-16-2005, 12:06 AM
are you kidding me? this is so stupid... just grow up dude. why sit at your computer and cuss people out on an internet forum?

I wish they could make me a mod with only the power to close stupid threads like these, thats all I want! lol

D3rELiC
04-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Oh am sorry, I didn't know I was speaking to some bitches. To some Human it would surely be way better. They would understand Am sorry bitches,....do you have something else to say??

remember at school (not so long ago considering ur posts) the teacher would tell u theres no stupid question to be asked, well, it was WRONG

and since ur asking, i have something else to say
cant you assume ur a fool, ur questions wer plain stupid and now we laugh our ass off of you, thats the way it works. now stop e-thugging and just never come back on this portion of the board, anyway, looks like we dont want you arround.
and we can answer ur questions, maybe we just dont want you to have an rx7 because they are piece of art, not some loosy honda you can beat and abuse like u would with a fucking prostitute.

if u dont understand, i'll rephrase it for you :)

and i dont think we need mods, last time it didnt turned out well, remember guys ? lol

N2OZeBozz
04-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Rephrase it please!

D3rELiC
04-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Rephrase it please!

get the fuck out n00b

N2OZeBozz
04-16-2005, 10:21 PM

Why did you write this shit then?? :thefinger

N2OZeBozz
04-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Its okey now, You can't help me, you don't want to see me,....thats it i won't be here..to your great relief!
I know why you don't like me, hate me or whatever......Thanks for some help you gave though!

Hit_N_Run-player
04-17-2005, 01:23 AM
im not even part of the rx7 forum, i just come to visit and check things out and i see this? You need to grow up and get a life. I cant believe you want to know how much it costs to create backfire :disappoin

reracingjp
05-11-2005, 12:37 AM
I got a FD3S 1992 type R Jspec that was on its way to the junk yard it was around $1,000 just to get it street legal, then $7,000 later every one looks at the car and comments on it every where I go. I have owned many cars in the same class and driven many cars that people rate in the same class as the RX-7 I think bang for the buck, the fd3s is the only way to go. I am pushing 305 at the wheel and it is a full little ride. I have many photos if any one needs to see it. After all I bought it to improve drifting. My self I am looking for RE pros or guys that have good ideas for me I am looking at a new b13 from a good team in Japan.

Good luck to any one who gets a RX-7.

I think it is a good path to go.
:evillol:

N2OZeBozz
05-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks for sharing this piece of information. Thanks

drftk1d
05-11-2005, 04:18 PM
isnt a b13 a nissan sentra or sunny, something like that?

ghostrx7
05-11-2005, 04:22 PM
ya the se-R!

N2OZeBozz
05-11-2005, 06:53 PM
isnt a b13 a nissan sentra or sunny, something like that?

This is the B13
http://img183.echo.cx/img183/449/b139gf.th.jpg (http://img183.echo.cx/my.php?image=b139gf.jpg)

there is also the B14, B15
The B14 is a bulkier and rounded version of the B13. B15 came back as a box like saloon, and so on....

JDK
07-10-2005, 06:26 PM
remember at school (not so long ago considering ur posts) the teacher would tell u theres no stupid question to be asked, well, it was WRONG

and since ur asking, i have something else to say
cant you assume ur a fool, ur questions wer plain stupid and now we laugh our ass off of you, thats the way it works. now stop e-thugging and just never come back on this portion of the board, anyway, looks like we dont want you arround.
and we can answer ur questions, maybe we just dont want you to have an rx7 because they are piece of art, not some loosy honda you can beat and abuse like u would with a fucking prostitute.

and i dont think we need mods, last time it didnt turned out well, remember guys ? lol

Learn How To Spell ASSWIPE!

tubjub
07-11-2005, 09:27 AM
wow.... such hatred. ok i'll shut up

drftk1d
07-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Learn How To Spell ASSWIPE!

you brought back an old ass thread for THIS???

please contribute something constructive to the forum or just dont post.

N2OZeBozz
07-11-2005, 06:38 PM
you brought back an old ass thread for THIS???

please contribute something constructive to the forum or just dont post.

Who the fuck you think you are? you're not here to tell whether someone should post or not, keep that in your nipple sized brain!

drftk1d
07-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Who the fuck you think you are? you're not here to tell whether someone should post or not, keep that in your nipple sized brain!

calm yourself. did you see what the person who brought up this thread (JDK) wrote? thats who i am addressing, not you.

in fact, i even answered your questions earlier in the thread because you have legitimate questions.

banditkiller
07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I think someone should really contact a global mod and see about having them check in here every few days. I dont post here much since im more of the type to sit back and rack up the info avaible to my brain. Im tired of seeing noobs ask dumb qeustions and then flame the hell outta ppl when they dont get the answers they like. Hmm....

N2OZeBozz
07-13-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm not that kind of person keep yelling at others...see in my favourite forum, I don't swear at any body... I'm there to help thats it!
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=928
This occured in only this thread

FDTT
07-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Well first off, this thread need some severe cleaning. If you dont like what somone has to say just plain ignore them. They will stop after a while of seeing they get no reaction out of you. I didnt bother to read all this thread, but if you got anymore questions id be happy to answer them.

Add your comment to this topic!