2001 stratus r/t keyless remote programming

brettmojo
04-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey I recently bought a few keyless remotes off an ebay auction that matched the one I have and I want to program them to my car. anyone know how I can do this without having to pay a dealer to do it? I've checked the manual and it says nothing. out.

bignig500
07-03-2009, 12:05 PM
What up. I did some research and all you have to do is to take a riece of wire and put it in slot 1 and slot 4 of your computer diagonise port. It is located under the dash . basicaly lay on the seat and look under the dash. It should be to the right of the steering column. Its a black square box with slanted sides. Place one end of a small wire into slot 1 and the other end into slot 4. Then turn your the key on and after that it kind of gets tricky. I dont have the rest of the instructions but I will let you know the rest in a few days. Sorry

wafrederick
07-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Does not work that way,has to be programed with the DRB III and this is the way with all Chrysler keyless remotes.The only option is to the dealer.

bignig500
07-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Well I just purchased a remote for my wifes 01 dodge stratus. And it came with the instructions on the 1 and 4 pin jumper to start the programing mode. Then I had to do a series of holding down lock and unlock.. followed by pressing the panic button. And thats how I programed hers. I must have got lucky.

wafrederick
07-03-2009, 10:35 PM
That process is way too slow and the procedure with the DRB III takes less time.

bignig500
07-04-2009, 08:15 AM
That may be true. But buying a programmer or going to a dealership will will run you around 100 or so or you can use the wire that cost pennies.

wafrederick
07-05-2009, 09:19 PM
It is less than a hundred dollars to get it programmed from the dealer.My father's 2006 Dodge truck was around $60.00 to program it.All Chysler keyless remotes are this way,programed with the DRB III.

bignig500
07-05-2009, 09:44 PM
I used the 1 and 4 pin trick and have not have any problems. It may have taken more time but it saved me $60.00 to get it programed. I am just trying to save the guy a few bucks. And not all chrysler keys have to be programed with the DBR you just have to know how to work around it if possible. In which I was successful.

Add your comment to this topic!