Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dual Exhaust

Deacon328
04-13-2005, 05:35 PM
I've seen a site with dual exhaust for my 03 Impala and wanted to know everyone's thought on the sound. What brand do you recommend etc.

Also, I don't weld so I would have to have a shop install the exhaust, wouldn't buying a dual exhaust system online and taking to a shop be like bringing your own hamburger to McDonalds?

Do most shops install things they didn't sell?

Should I bring some vaseline when I ask for a quote?

By the way, I am picking up my ride today, she just got 35% on the front two windows and limo 5% and the back three. The blackout kit for the tail lights is on the way and so is the spoiler. I also order smoked headlight covers and am getting brighter bulbs to compensate for the smoked covers.

bigrod118
04-13-2005, 08:31 PM
no shop will have no problem doing that for you....but you dont have too. you can just get exhaust clamps, sure the welding would be the best route, but if you do it right the calmps will work just fine and unless you tell them to weld it on, most places when replacing exhaust piping, usually just clamp it on. or you can even have them put flanges on all the ends of the pieces so you can take it apart yourself if you ever have to remove you exhaust to work on something else or for whatever it might be. but other than all of that, any shop shouldnt have a problem doing that for you, and you happen to find one that does, dont give them any business cuz tons of other places wont give you shit.

3.4imp
04-14-2005, 12:43 PM
gmpartsdirect.com has a dual set up from GM. its about 500$ shipped to your door. and is stainless steel. a local muffler shop should install for about 50-60$

MCO_Death
04-18-2005, 07:53 AM
gmpartsdirect.com has a dual set up from GM. its about 500$ shipped to your door. and is stainless steel. a local muffler shop should install for about 50-60$

Theres a handful of dualies out there, ranging from 500-700. Shop won't give you crap for the install and as was stated, if they do, find another place. I'd certinly go for welding over clamps.

Add your comment to this topic!