Any Saab 92-x Owners?

uraboob
04-13-2005, 05:08 PM
I am thinking of buying a Saab 92-X since it is easy to get below invoice pricing right now.

Are you glad you got all the extra goodies over the WRX (HID lights/Sunroof/Leather etc)

wtlwdwgn
04-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi,

:iceslolan I am he who has a 9-2X Linear, Auto, Cold Weather Package, and Sunroof . I've added the Hood Deflector, Engine Block Heater, and Tinted Windows. I might have added the roof rails from the WRX, but the Subie dealer's parts guys are dweebs. There is an outfit that has a twin-turbo mod but I'm not sure I will be able to convince the Mrs.

keita
04-14-2005, 02:52 AM
9-2X(WRX) in AUTO?? ....Whoa.

Hood deflector...I wonder if that would decrease the airflow to the intercooler?

I suppose you're the kind of customer they are marketing the 9-2x for hey?

freakray
04-14-2005, 07:47 AM
9-2X(WRX) in AUTO?? ....Whoa.

Hood deflector...I wonder if that would decrease the airflow to the intercooler?

I suppose you're the kind of customer they are marketing the 9-2x for hey?

Ouch. :eek:

:icon16:

SteveK2003
04-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Below invoice? How much would that come to?

uraboob
04-14-2005, 09:50 AM
The Saab dealer in Mahwah NJ came back with a price of $26,000 with every option.

His price was actually better that Carsdirect.com (which I swear by)

I was only looking and wanting to ring home a brochure.

I think I might do it.

SabreKhan
04-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Go for it, but get the manual transmission and no air deflector

freakray
04-14-2005, 12:57 PM
$26,000 is still more than you could pay on a WRX wagon....why do you want to pay more for the same car with some different body panels?

uraboob
04-14-2005, 03:16 PM
$26,000 is still more than you could pay on a WRX wagon....why do you want to pay more for the same car with some different body panels?

Like I said, you can get a sunroof, HID lights, Leather, nicer wheels, climate control....
NOt that all that stuff it that important, but if it is only a little more than a loaded WRX, Why not go for the version. with the cool body panels?
Resale won't hurt either.

WRXdriver05
04-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Like I said, you can get a sunroof, HID lights, Leather, nicer wheels, climate control....
NOt that all that stuff it that important, but if it is only a little more than a loaded WRX, Why not go for the version. with the cool body panels?

Now don't hold me to this but back when I bought my 03 I believe you had the option of getting leather interior in the WRX and I think it is still an option now? As far as the sunroof goes, I know the sedans offer that option now and not sure about the wagons. I've never really looked into it due to the fact I don't think the car should have one anyway due to it being a rally car and you didn't see Tommy Makienen or Collin McRae rollin' around with their sunroof down. As far as the resale value goes, most all Subaru's including the WRX have great resale value. I believe the going rate for a 2002 right now is around $15,500 to $16,000.Not bad considering brand new they were going for $24,000. So when it comes down to it I guess it is all on what the consumer wants and it looks like you are sold on an Saabaru. :smile:

freakray
04-14-2005, 07:49 PM

You can get HID headlights on the WRX.
You can get a sunroof on the WRX
You can get nicer wheels on the WRX.
You get climate control on the WRX.

Perhaps doing a little more research before you choose which you would like would be better?

keita
04-15-2005, 02:17 AM
I don't know about 2006, but when I bought my 2004, sunroof became an option, but it came in an expensive package with seat warmers and stuff that I don't need in Vegas, and I really couldn't find one here in Vegas or in SoCal. As for leather seats....I don't know if that was ever an option. Ray, you have to understand that people who buy Saabaru's don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading themselves...they just want the turnkey from the dealer...in automatic transmission. I actually drove the 9-2x in "autoshow in motion" in automatic transmission....can you say PAINFUL?? It's got to be for girls and fruits. It's such a waste.

uraboob
04-15-2005, 09:28 AM
You can get HID headlights on the WRX.
You can get a sunroof on the WRX
You can get nicer wheels on the WRX.
You get climate control on the WRX.

Perhaps doing a little more research before you choose which you would like would be better?

Easy there sport.
I beg to differ.
I don't work for Subaru or anything, but I have researched the car, I almost bought one last year. And I have the brochore PDF open now.

NO sunroof for the WAGON

Nicer wheels yes (the BBS are an expensive, the Saab's 17's are as nice/nicer then the BBS)

Climate control?, while not a priority, I have found nothing of the sort offerd for the WRX wagon.

HID's? again...I have not seen how to get them.

More importantly, when you are married, and you are lucky enough to have a wife that likes cars and likes to drive stick, and likes the WRX but likes the Saab version so much better because it is "so much prettier"...the least I could do is entertain the thought.
That's what I did by merely stopping by the dealer for some stuff to take home to the coffee table. It was at that point that I actually considered it due to the price cuts.
No biggie.
It looks like we are keeping our Lexus IS300 untill after the baby comes, then we'll see if we really need to sell it. I am a Toyota guy first, but looking for performance and practicality which brings me to Subaru
Thanks fellas

SabreKhan
04-15-2005, 10:18 AM
If she says the Saabaru is "so much prettier", then DEFINITELY get the 9-2x. My wife doesn't even like to ride in my WRX wagon (of course, I have a cat-back and some suspension work done to it, so it's not as smooth as it originally was). My WRX wagon is black and evil looking (at least, that's the idea). She much prefers her cute little blue Saturn. HIDs weren't an option for my 2004, nor was leather, nor was climate control, nor was a sunroof. I'd like to have those things, but I personally like the WRX styling better. Personal preference, though. If you like the Saab better, get the Saab. Same car, mechanically. It really does feel like it's Velcroed to the road (a la the commercial). When you get one (not if), don't forget to post your pictures in the appropriate thread.

Add your comment to this topic!