Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My new 88 K5

InFuZiOn
04-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to these forums since I owned a 93 240SX and I bought a 1988 K5 Blazer last weekend. I was curious where and what size of valve covers I could get to replace the stock ones. I'm looking for some with the Chevy Bowtie and Chevrolet on them in chrome. I'm also looking at replacing the stock intake and air tube with a K&N 63 Series Intake Kit (http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=63-1007-1) to gain some easy HP before I really start working on it. The interior is fine and all the windows(including the notorious tailgate window)work fine but are a little slow unless its driving and I'm not sure what the cause of that is. It still has the stock carb on it and I'm not sure if thats bad or not but I do plan on getting either a Holley or Edelbrock carb to replace that soon too. I'm not too worried about the tires and wheels because the owner just replaced the tires recently so I figure I'll roll on those for awhile before I get 36's or maybe 38's with American Racing rims like I plan on doing in the future. Let me know what you guys think and any suggestions you have. Pictures of it are at the bottom but I didn't resize them like a moron so be warned! They're big! haha

Thanks,
Blake

Picture of My Blazer (http://infuzion.gameagon.com/Pictures/)

BlazerLT
04-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Hold on there, you are putting the cart before the horse.

Do the maintanence before you do the extra stuff.

Tuneup your engine up and completely replace all the fluids.

k5dan
04-13-2005, 09:20 PM
thats weird my 88 is fuel injected, maybe cause it is a silverado?

k5dan
04-13-2005, 09:21 PM
brain fart, i forgot it is a 89

InFuZiOn
04-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I already changed out all the fluids :)

That was actually the first thing that I did. The previous owner actually took very good care of it including new hosing, new tranny work, new tires, re-did the paint and added a clearcoat and some other things. The only reason he sold it was because he just got a 2004 Nissan Titan and bought his wife an Xterra so he needed the money to pay off the bills for them haha. I just happened to come along at the right time.

Add your comment to this topic!