Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Countach in MOVIES!

-FROG-
04-03-2002, 05:20 PM
There is one I can't find. Movies that is.
I know Lambo's are in Cannonball Run 1 & 2.
Speed Zone(John Candy) / Also considered to be Cannonball Run 3(I think).
There was also a movie where this young guy is persuaded to buy a Countach and every hollywood Luxury possible for the car so he buys it, gets screwed and blows up all the Lambos in the end. WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THIS FLICK??? It's been years but I recall the cars to be Lambo's (Countach). PLEASE HELP...........must find name.......can't go on..........must ........find............

lambocars
04-05-2002, 11:49 AM
Hello,

if I'm not mistaking this was 'it takes two', where this guy travels to Dallas to buy a 'replica' Countach.
He ends up with just about every option in the book and buys the car on monthly payments, naturally it brakes down at once and he gets stuck in Dallas.

At the end he actually races against a Dino replica and blows up the dealership, oh yes, he also marries the salesperson that actually sold the car to him, a blonde girl that also starred in the series 'Dallas' if I got it right.

I had this one on tape but lost it while moving to another house, would love to get it on DVD though.

Mark

Viper GTS 96
09-11-2002, 03:29 PM
I think the opening scene of Rain Man had a bunch of Countachs being delivered to a dock. I bought the Canonball Run 1 and 2 DVD's just for the Countach scenes.

GIJOE
09-21-2002, 05:50 PM
Canonball One: It is a kit car. I saw it and almost bought it 5 years ago.

allanf
09-21-2002, 06:22 PM
the car in the cannonball run 1 was not a kit car. it is owned, to this day by ron rice, owner of hawaiin tropic. the red countach in the cannonball run part 2 was owned by john schneider, from the dukes of hazzard.

Viper GTS 96
09-21-2002, 07:28 PM
Here you go. I found this link on the internet of a bunch of movies and tv shows with a Countach in it.

Countach on TV and Film (http://www.blaise27.demon.co.uk/lambo/archives/videos.htm)

gemballa
09-22-2002, 12:35 AM
it is totally impossible that the car in cannonball run 1 is a kit car!
dont you hear the sound?
that type of sound only one car can produce it and its the countach!
and i think all the kit cars are fitted with big block v8/s and a v8 will never produce a sound like that!
maybe the guy that was selling that "CANNONBALL" countach invented that to make people buy it!
and maybe he thought "well nobody knows about this cars so lets sell it like the cannonball car!
thats my opinion!

GIJOE
09-22-2002, 08:55 PM
Hey, anyone know a good, no wait, make that a GREAT Lamborghini mechanic in the NY area ?????? I have a 85' Countach that needs minor things done. A\C repaired, tranny service etc........ Any help is hugely appreciated. Thanks, Joe

GIJOE21@OPTONLINE.NET :smoker2:

-FROG-
10-18-2002, 10:01 AM
The movie is supposed to be an Adult Film I believe. The Countach is a replica, I am unsure of the Diablo though. heh........Ho better get off my hood and into my bed!

-FROG-
10-18-2002, 12:18 PM
Here's a few more non stock wings. some are mounted on replicas. I actually like the look of the aftermarket wing on the GTR, of course it's for racing. Incredibly Fine!!!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=238723&make_type_query=make%3DLamborghini&model_brand_query=model%3DDiablo&tree=Lamborghini%20Diablo

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=214313&page=1

http://lamborghinireplica.com/Cal1.JPG

LB2003
10-18-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DaveZ
The movie Fear of Speed ( 2002) features a yellow Countach in the promotional art. Looks like a 25th anniversary with some body modifications. The movie also has a yellow Diablo.

The link showing a list of movies above is 3 years old so it doesn't show Fear of Speed ( yet ? ).

A yahoo group FEAROFSPEED has 60 pics from the movie. If you join the group, they email 30 of the pictures to you.

With a little searching, I am sure you can find a movie clip somewhere showing the scene with the Countach. It shows a nice young couple...ah...playing..on the hood of the speeding car.

DaveZ
Hey, Taranaki Moderator banish me here because this movie( i post in " off-topic"
I'm a007apl

LB2003
10-19-2002, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by LB2003

Hey, Taranaki Moderator banish me here because this movie( i post in " off-topic"
I'm a007apl
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t45381.html

:angryfire

gemballa
10-19-2002, 04:19 PM
is that a good movie?

gemballa
10-20-2002, 08:12 PM
but is it a good movie?:confused:

gemballa
10-21-2002, 10:40 PM
how much can that car cost?:confused:
$500,000?

gemballa
10-22-2002, 01:45 PM
with that money i can buiy 1 diablo and 2 countach!:D :D :D

jsb88
11-05-2002, 08:16 AM
Interesting... sex on a moving car bonnet... ok.... :finger: get outta here a007apl

-FROG-
12-17-2002, 11:42 AM
FOUND ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!
http://ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_bd30ba83fef618a5def4671064c32c75/i-1.JPG

The Army of One, Starring Dolf Lundgren. I bought it at Wal-Mart (or Target?) for like $7.00. Look an Ebay too. The whole ending of the movie has F40's and Countach's!!!!! I believe the F40 was a replica but the Countach looked and sounded real. It handled real too, The F40 was sloppy and bouncing around alot. Of course the acting wasn't the best, but nat a bad movie for the price!

Doucette
01-03-2003, 08:10 AM
Not a movie, but 20-20 did a story on Lamborghini Countaches that I saw when I was a kid. I wish I could download it somewhere...

meleka
01-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Therminator 3 post one in your "video" here in AF:)

lambo1
01-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Cannonball run Countach

http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/Countach/CountachLP400S/1121112.html

cool link...click on tha trailers

http://www.varaces.com/search.php?mode=alpha&letter=C

gemballa
01-03-2003, 09:07 PM
the best countach movie is cannonball run1

jsb88
01-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Where is the link to the movie?

gemballa
01-14-2003, 06:09 PM
theres no link for cannonball buy it for dvd!

jsb88
01-15-2003, 03:05 PM
oh.... :(

gemballa
01-16-2003, 06:33 PM
you will never have the same quality in a dvd than a pc!:D

gigatron
04-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Fear of speed is it a car movie or like a pr0n flick lol

-FROG-
05-19-2003, 05:14 PM
I just bought "It Takes Two" On Ebay for like $3.00, lol. COOL!!!!!! I think there was a few more on there if anyone is interested. Here the link to one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3327190705&category=309

Doucette
10-03-2003, 09:23 AM
the car in the cannonball run 1 was not a kit car. it is owned, to this day by ron rice, owner of hawaiin tropic. the red countach in the cannonball run part 2 was owned by john schneider, from the dukes of hazzard.

Check out this interview with John Schnedier:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/7126/10.html

"Motor Trend: Was there one car you dreamed of owning when you were a kid?

Answer
Oh, gosh, when I was growing up--I grew up several times, still doing it--every kid wanted a Ferrari. They didn't have any idea what Ferrari, or that there was anything more than just one Ferrari. The first Ferrari I got was a '74 246 GTS Dino. Loved it. Should never have sold that car. It was just a screaming car. I don't think anybody else could possibly get that much spit out of six cylinders. We had kind of a "cannonball run" going on one night on the way to Texas. I was going to do "Eddie Macon's Run." I had my Dino, an Aston Martin Volante, and also every kid's dream, a Lamborghini Countach--although it becomes a nightmare as soon as you own one. Those three cars were mine, and somebody else had a XJS V-12. And we were going through on the way to El Paso where there's a real long, boring stretch of road that you can get whatever you got. I was driving the Dino, a buddy of mine was driving the Countach, and I was floored and he could not pull away from me. And we were just screaming. This was 1982, the year before the fuel injection on the Countach. The Countach was certainly much quicker, but if you both balls-to-the-wall, it just couldn't get away from this little six-banger"

spare_me_a_murci
10-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Motor Trend: Are there any cars you'd like to have?

Answer
A Lamborghini Miura SV. Never had one. Had an S. Never had an SV. And if the SV handles that much better, is that much faster than the S, I have to experience that. There were four triple downdraft carburetors on that. My S screamed. I don't even think they bothered to put red on the tach. Because that think, you could just wind it out. I'm sure there are some new cars out there that are great, but I really think--like when I see a beautiful new Corvette go by and I can't hear it--I think, "What good is that? Come on." I mean, the noise is part of the legend here. You got to have the noise back it up. Like a Daytona Ferrari going by you at about 100 mph sounds a lot better then ever being in it.

Motor Trend: Your're so passionate about exotics, why don't you have any now?

Answer
I'm probably going to go out and find that Miura. Because now you can find an SV for less than 100 grand. But three years ago, just the Miura S I had would of cost 300 to 350 grand, and times haven't been nearly as good since "Dukes" as they were during it. But now that they're reasonable again, I might start the whole thing over. I might go buy a $25,000 Bora and see what happens.

kidzvillage
04-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Hello all, I am a Countach fan too.
When in Japan, years ago, I bought a video that I believe is kind of unique (VHS), it features the Countach,
history, information, and they show the one-of a-kind L150, that somehow ended in Japan, at least during the eighties.
In the video they mention a Japanese mafia-action
movie called "Yomigaeru-Ginro" or "The Silver Wolf reborn". Where there is a really exciting scene of one of Walter Wolf's Countachs, that ended up in Japan too.
I am trying to get my hands on that video at the moment.
Anyone interested in the Japanese Video of the Countach?

Doucette
04-14-2004, 04:09 PM
http://www.tropicbeauty.com/ron.cfm

"Rice is single with daughter Sterling (left) . The Rice's enjoy the "good life," with an 80-foot sailing yacht lovingly named the Princess Sterling, and a $250,000 Lamborghini that was loaned to Ron's buddies, Burt and Hal for the movie "Cannonball Run." Rice's main residence in Daytona Beach is a $5.5 million palatial estate with four pools, a recording studio and a disco. In memory of his Dad, Ron had truck loads of granite brought down from North Carolina to provide the exterior for his home. Clyde Rice would have liked that."

AK_CRX
05-24-2004, 09:58 PM
can't believe nobody's mentioned the Countach in King Kong! Its a white old school countach, the one with no fender flares or wing (looks naked) King Kong steps on/crushes it, but its just a model ;), Loved that car since I saw that movie when I was 3 years old I shit you not!! Im almost positive the one in speed zone was fake, had the taillight covers, wrong wheels, and the door jambs look fishy when the doors are open... I could be wrong though since I dont even own a countach:(

OnX
06-02-2004, 02:00 AM
Im preety sure there is a movie w/ a Lamborghini Countach in it. I dont remember the name (made late 80's to mid 90's??) where really nice cars were racing in it (preety sure its not cannonball 1 or 2) and a red lamgorhini COUNTACH was in the race. Another racer decided to trash the car, but instead of crashing the racers red Lamborghini, he crashes an exact replica of the car which belonged to another person that was not in the race (im sure it was a black dude eating chicken and the racers dudes end up getting there asses kicked? lolz) yea well thats all i remember.. plus it had really nice cars in it... ANYONE REMEMBER THIS MOVIE????? PLZ HELP!!

OnX
06-02-2004, 02:01 AM
Another racer decided to trash the RED LAMBORGHINI but instead of crashing the racers red Lamborghini, he crashes an exact replica of the car which belonged to another person that was not in the race (im sure it was a black dude eating chicken and the racers dudes end up getting there asses kicked? lolz) yea well thats all i remember.. plus it had really nice cars in it... ANYONE REMEMBER THIS MOVIE????? PLZ HELP!!

kstix
07-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Speed Zone. It's a cheaper Cannon Ball # sort of

Guyanson_Mendiola
07-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Hello,

if I'm not mistaking this was 'it takes two', where this guy travels to Dallas to buy a 'replica' Countach.
He ends up with just about every option in the book and buys the car on monthly payments, naturally it brakes down at once and he gets stuck in Dallas.

At the end he actually races against a Dino replica and blows up the dealership, oh yes, he also marries the salesperson that actually sold the car to him, a blonde girl that also starred in the series 'Dallas' if I got it right.

I had this one on tape but lost it while moving to another house, would love to get it on DVD though.

MarkIs this the one where the replica mentioned was like a Trovari or something?

kstix
07-02-2004, 09:20 PM
I have it takes two on VHS, It would be nice to have alot of these B movies I have on DVD.I've just not seen them on DVD.

Add your comment to this topic!