Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 300z tt?

tipota
04-12-2005, 10:17 AM
i have about 5k saved for a new car and was looking at 240sx's and older supras. im just wondering, how much would a decent 300z tt go for? if its not too much more i might just wait a bit because i really like the car. also, im going to college now, so do you think this is a bad idea? i know insurance will be more since ill need theft, and that these cars are expensive to maintain, but what really goes wrong? ive never heard of anything going wrong with a nissan, and basic maintenance like break pads i can do myself. i can afford a 2+2, but for that money id rather get a mk3 supra turbo, so its TT or bust. any advice?

Hodo
04-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Well you will be hard pressed to find a decent TT of any year for 5k. Most sit around 8-14K. There is one in Atlanta thats 9900. And it seems to be in decent shape, I havent had a chance to skoot down there and take a look at it yet but they still have it. Even finding a decent 240SX will be hard for that price range. Most have been riced out or drifted to death. Maybe its all the kids jumping on the Initial D bandwaggon but I am truely getting tired of seeing cars in ditches or in a tree because some kid thinks he's the next Drift king. Sorry that has nothing to do with you.

tipota
04-12-2005, 01:16 PM
yea i know how you feel. these cars are rare and a lot of people cant appreciate that. i have seen a few decent deals on 240's though. elderly people who dont knwo their popularity sell them at book value, and there in good shape too. however, these cars sell fast and ive only seen 3 of them. i recently learned that you can turbo a supra na, can you do the same with the Z 2+2? im not asking people to do all my research for me, i just want to know if its commonly done and if its safe. you can always find some guy who strapped on a giant turbo to his engine, but who knows how much it cost him or how long his engine lasted. i really like the z and plan on getting a TT one day, but right now while im in school ill probably just hold off.

k3smostwanted
04-12-2005, 04:26 PM
yea i know how you feel. these cars are rare and a lot of people cant appreciate that. i have seen a few decent deals on 240's though. elderly people who dont knwo their popularity sell them at book value, and there in good shape too. however, these cars sell fast and ive only seen 3 of them. i recently learned that you can turbo a supra na, can you do the same with the Z 2+2? im not asking people to do all my research for me, i just want to know if its commonly done and if its safe. you can always find some guy who strapped on a giant turbo to his engine, but who knows how much it cost him or how long his engine lasted. i really like the z and plan on getting a TT one day, but right now while im in school ill probably just hold off.

if your not interested in an N/A and you dont have the time or money to fix one up then i would wait until your out of college...honestly.

you can slap a couple turbos on the N/A motor but you will not be able run a generous amount of boost. for soemone who just wants a little pep, this may be an cheap and more plausable way than to do nitrous.

msot people who want a boost in there N/A want to eventually go all out, so they choose to swap in a TT motor and modify that. makes alot more sense to me and will probably only end up costing you a few more hundred bucks.

so basically if you cant live with a N/A Z32 go for the supra or 240sx...im guessing your looking for a S14 240sx???

another suggestion would be to take a look for 84-89 300zx turbos...you can find a nice one for a few grand and to me it looks a hell of alot better than the 2nd gen supra. but thats me...

tipota
04-12-2005, 08:26 PM
yea i considered those, but id rather a 4 seater for when i go out with friends. i would get the 300z TT because that car is so damn fast for those nights i go out with friends i could just borrow my dads car. i doubt hed mind driving the z

ExTrEmEDrIfT
04-12-2005, 10:32 PM
a z31 is fast too and theres one seat for passenger who cares bout the uthers lol

tipota
04-12-2005, 10:34 PM
but supra turbo is faster and has 4 seats. i mean, its nice to have a fast car, but whats the use if you cant scare teh shit outa ppl driving with you?

ExTrEmEDrIfT
04-12-2005, 10:42 PM
pfft a old school supra turbo is slow ide rather have a z31 over that anyday but tahst just me

another one of my favorites im gonna end up getting is a 2nd gen '87 mazda rx7 its turbo pretty much the only rx-7 i like

http://tinypic.com/4ghlwy
'87 mazda rx-7

k3smostwanted
04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
pfft a old school supra turbo is slow ide rather have a z31 over that anyday but tahst just me

another one of my favorites im gonna end up getting is a 2nd gen '87 mazda rx7 its turbo pretty much the only rx-7 i like

http://tinypic.com/4ghlwy
'87 mazda rx-7

those chromies are killing that FC...

i want an FC TII. pearl white with a tan convertible top, get some 17" bronze 5zigens to go along with the tan roof. :cool:

ExTrEmEDrIfT
04-13-2005, 01:21 AM
yah im not crazy about those rims either but the overall look of the car is sexy lol naw i dont really want a convertible ide rather keep the hardtop and yes its JDM love tha RHD

can ya say negative camber lol not too much though

Add your comment to this topic!