Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to disable anti-theft alarm

wxo
04-11-2005, 08:01 PM
My daughter has a '98 Rodeo with an intermittent problem of the alarm sounding for no reason. She can't lock the vehicle because she never knows when the alarm will go off. She really doesn't care about the alarm system and has asked me to find out how to disable it. I pulled out the security fuse thinking that it would bypass the problem, but she called today to say it went off and embarrassed her again. She really doesn't want to fix the problem...just disable the alarm system.

amigo-2k
04-11-2005, 10:44 PM
http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq26

here are the fixes above^

wxo
04-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the reply. I could use a bit more direction on how to fix the tailgate pin switch. On our '98 Rodeo, things appear different than described in the fix description. On ours, the switch appears to be buried down within the latch recess on the tailgate and it is actuated by a loop on the glass hatch that is inserted into the latch recess to operate the switch when the hatch is closed. Does this make sense and is there a procedure for fixing the switch on this type of arrangement?
Thanks again.
-Walt

2eyefishclaw
04-12-2005, 08:16 PM
it is in the latch the only problem I have seen on the rodeos is at the underhood switch just bend the bracket its mounted to pull up on it just dont straighten the thing out

wxo
04-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Thanks again for the replies and I'm grateful for the information, but I'm getting somewhat confused by the conflicting direction. There seems to be two possible known causes for the problem, but one of the causes/fixes (tailgate switch) doesn't match my situation. Does this mean that the problem can't be occurring on my '98 Rodeo? Or does this mean that there is no known fix for the problem and it does occur on the '98 Rodeo?
Perhaps it would be beneficial to go back to my original question. Is there any way to disable the security alarm completely? My daughter really doesn't care about it and wouldn't miss it. She just wants to be able to lock her car without the possiblility of the alarm going off.
Right now we have disconnected the wire to the horn as a temporary circumvention.

rodeo02
04-13-2005, 11:32 AM
I would also disregard the tailgate switch and look into the hood pin switch. With the hood open, look towards the rear left corner of the engine compartment. You will see a fixed pin switch covered with a black rubber boot (above the ABS module). Like 2eye says, make sure the pin switch braket is not pushed down & not making contact with the hood when closed. Bend the braket up if the switch is not making contact.
G/luck
Joel

2eyefishclaw
04-14-2005, 01:32 AM
its much easier to adjust that switch than to disable the system but if you want to know
first you would need to remove the time/alarm control module then figure out which realy is for the alarm circuit get a soldering iron and desolder wick and remove the relay (hope that removing this does not effect anything else) good luck

Add your comment to this topic!