Page updated on 11-18-2017

Cougar running rich... HOW TO FIX???

AaronCougar
04-11-2005, 06:14 PM
I have a 1999 V6 Cougar w/ a Weapon R intake. About a week ago my check engine light came on and 2 days ago i brought it to autozone and they said it was running rich. Im 16 so i dont wanna spend too much money fillin this thing w/ gas so i wanna know how i can fix this problem. Any fixing advise and maybe even a diagram on what i can do would surely help. THanx,,,, aaron

Fayt99Cougar
04-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah, i am having the same problem as well. I am going Friday to get a new exhaust system. I would say to get it checked out at a muffler and brake shop, they will tell you everything.

AaronCougar
04-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Ya, im not sure but i dont think its my exhaust. The last owner installed dual borla exhaust system and i think it was only like a year ago so i dont think that would be having problems already. But one time it like semi-snubbed on me, as i still had gas for about 10 extra seconds but the pwr steering went out right away. Now its all good yet but the light came on shortly after.

loonitic4
04-20-2005, 01:33 AM
you might see if you have a bad O2 sensor i just replace one in my car and it was doing the same thing

AaronCougar
04-23-2005, 10:59 AM
so did ur car work fine after that, along w/ the checkengine light going off?

AaronCougar
05-01-2005, 10:35 PM
today i took out both of my o2 sensors and cleaned them kinda, nothing seemed wrong w/ them to the naked eye but im not sure, do u think that i should actually get them both replaced? because they are kinda expensive

Add your comment to this topic!