Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help identifying switches

BorysKndrt
04-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I just bought a 1997 Passport with an automatic. As the truch did not come with the owners manual, i have no idea what the "POWER DRIVE" and "WINTER DRIVE" buttons on the center console do. I have tried searching the net, but its hopeless. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Canucklehead
04-11-2005, 02:29 PM
I just bought a 1997 Passport with an automatic. As the truch did not come with the owners manual, i have no idea what the "POWER DRIVE" and "WINTER DRIVE" buttons on the center console do. I have tried searching the net, but its hopeless. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I believe that pushing the "Power" button changes the transmission shift points.
Pushing the "Winter" button causes your vehicle to start off in 3rd gear. Winter mode is deactivated when the vehicle reaches 19 mph or you place the shifter into any position but "D".

iskiuskiweski
04-11-2005, 03:29 PM
look in the FAQ page!!!!!!

amigo-2k
04-11-2005, 03:30 PM
http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq51

suvguy
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
The FAQ is correct on the Winter Drive button. On the Power Drive, it delays upshifts and downshifts, essentually holds gears longer before shifting. It also increases the line pressure in the transmission. Increasing line pressure provides greater clamping ability of the clutch packs and converter clutch when applied. This mode is for towing or hauling. Constantly shifitng under load and towing/hauling generates more heat as the friction materials slip as they engage under load. This mode helps to reduce the amount of heat generated which keeps the fluid alive and increases the life of the transmission.

suvguy
'00 Rodeo LS 4x2 3.2L auto

Add your comment to this topic!