Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Missing + Trans Problems

f250e350
04-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Recently my check engine light came on.....codes 42+43 came up......My truck now misses while you drive it + when my i accel my trans will shift through all gears fine except when it gets into the final gear....when it shifts up into the final gear is shakes the whole truck...like you are going over mini-speedbumps....i am wondering if these two are realted.....if not....then do you have any suggestions??? pls help 97 dodge ram 1500 automatic 4x4 5.9 V8 gas....oh yeah if you turn off overdrive the truck wont shake

theFREAKnasty82
04-11-2005, 11:53 PM
code 42- ASD (Automatic ShutDown) relay shorted or open condition detected.
code 43- misfire detected in one or more cylinders

Now wouldn't be a bad time to do a major tune-up, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, etc.

Furdog
04-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Recently my check engine light came on.....codes 42+43 came up......My truck now misses while you drive it + when my i accel my trans will shift through all gears fine except when it gets into the final gear....when it shifts up into the final gear is shakes the whole truck...like you are going over mini-speedbumps....i am wondering if these two are realted.....if not....then do you have any suggestions??? pls help 97 dodge ram 1500 automatic 4x4 5.9 V8 gas....oh yeah if you turn off overdrive the truck wont shake

Hey Check out my post Dodge ram shaking like a mother $%&#
Change you plugs wires cap rotor. that should do the trick

f250e350
04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Changed plug wire + spark plugs.....not a difference....any other suggestions??i am changing the cap and rotor next.....what else might it be....fuel filter??....maybe fuel pump starting to go out???? any other suggestions than the ones above?

Furdog
04-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Changed plug wire + spark plugs.....not a difference....any other suggestions??i am changing the cap and rotor next.....what else might it be....fuel filter??....maybe fuel pump starting to go out???? any other suggestions than the ones above?
Replace the cap and rotor next... That might just due the trick Cap $8.99 rotor $3.99 Get you Some!

Add your comment to this topic!