Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

body lift vs suspension lift

iluvh2o88
04-10-2005, 10:46 PM
whats the difference between a body lift and a suspension lift?? and which is better??

korndogg
04-10-2005, 10:57 PM
a body lift just lifts the body and a suspension lift lifts up the whole truck. with a body life you get no extra clearance and IMO it looks stupid. A suspention lift is functional.

BlenderWizard
04-10-2005, 11:58 PM
a body lift just lifts the body and a suspension lift lifts up the whole truck. with a body life you get no extra clearance and IMO it looks stupid. A suspention lift is functional.

Agreed. The only thing you gain with a body lift is clearance for bigger tires and a higher center of gravity (:eek7:). Think of it in terms of an exhaust system: True dual exaust is more functional, but costs more than a cheap split single. Both give the same basic "look," but the cheap way does not function like the better, right way to have dual exhaust. You can liken a body lift to a cheap "splitting" of a single exhaust, and a suspension lift to a more expensive, more functional true dual system.

korndogg
04-11-2005, 12:04 AM
thing i hate bout body lifts is that you can see the frame...

jeverett
04-11-2005, 06:37 AM
I agree wiht all of the above. Body Lifts are crap In my opinion.... Suspension is the way to go..even though it might cost $1000 more.

TexasF355F1
04-11-2005, 10:00 AM
I agree with all.

Moose is loose
04-11-2005, 01:29 PM
A body lift does not raise your COG nearly as much as a susp. lift does. If your goal is bigger tires, go with the Body. If you want extra travel, well, your pretty much screwed with an IFS truck. The torsion bars must be lowered the same height you lift the truck. Look at a lifted IFS truck, the T-Bars hang way down beneath. The only real ground clearance you achieve is the front diff, and really from larger diameter tires. If you want ground clearance, buy a Super Duty or Ram, and lift that.

Add your comment to this topic!