Degeneres

subyfanatic
04-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Another sketch from back in 1995, this one is Ellen. I really got busy with work and family after that year, my son was born in '94 and my daughter in '95, so I've only recently started getting back into drawing. I thought I'd share some of my old ones before posting some newer stuff.

http://www.directimagehost.com/is.php?i=97340&img=ellen.jpg

77_FJ-40_Toyota
06-20-2005, 11:52 PM
her bangs are to perfect, they look as though she separated them perfectly and put gel in the so they wouldnt move. its not bad, i mean its better than i could do but other than that GOOD JOB!!

knightvision
06-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Who's Ellen?

good drawing - her mouth looks a bit wide.

subyfanatic
06-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Who's Ellen? :eek7: Seriously?

Don't know if you're kidding, she's got a talk show now. Back in the 80s she was a stand up comedian, then in the mid-90s she had a sitcom, then she "came out" and the ratings sank, show got canceled.
http://www.tvshows.de/ellen/images/el602095.gif

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I posted the drawing back in April with some other portraits I'd done from 1995. Have you guys seen my Axel Rose drawings? They're around here somewhere. As Knightvision may have noticed, I spend a lot more time posting in the Automotive drawing forum. :biggrin:

knightvision
06-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Ah I remember her... that show was a few weeks on german TV but nobody wanted to see it.

There are a lot of better sitcoms from your country.

-Home improvement (my favorite)
-King of Queens
-Prince of Bel Air

KustmAce
07-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Ah I remember her... that show was a few weeks on german TV but nobody wanted to see it.

There are a lot of better sitcoms from your country.

-Home improvement (my favorite)
-King of Queens
-Prince of Bel Air

Three of my favs!

Off topic- But do you get the Simpsons over there?

knightvision
07-01-2005, 08:03 AM
Three of my favs!

Off topic- But do you get the Simpsons over there?

Yep!!! D'oh!

And Futurama, too.

And Friends. And Sex and the City and 24 and CSI and Southpark and JAG and even Full House. Baywatch. And sometimes Battlestar Galactica. Star Trek, MacGyver... sometimes even my all time favorites: The A-Team and Knight Rider.

your stuff is incredible. we love it. Watching this takes us to a kind of dreamland, because it's all still bigger than here in Europe. They are much more interesting than german shows, even if they might have an equal story level.

subyfanatic
07-01-2005, 11:58 PM
even Full House.

Eeeew, we don't even watch that here in the USA. It's too goody candy gumball lollipop sweet tooth cutsie that it makes me sick. :banghead:

Now Knight Rider, A-Team, and Baywatch... that's quality programming. :cheers:

knightvision
07-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Eeeew, we don't even watch that here in the USA. It's too goody candy gumball lollipop sweet tooth cutsie that it makes me sick. :banghead:

Now Knight Rider, A-Team, and Baywatch... that's quality programming. :cheers:

I totally agree. It's baby television. You can watch it here 2 hours (!) a day... it does make sick.

nicecar
07-02-2005, 09:24 AM
...Prince of Bel Air...

that show rocks!! also we get all of that us stuff in uk too.

GirlBear
07-08-2005, 12:25 PM
NICE!! that looks so good make me wanna start doin portraits again.

ec437
07-10-2005, 01:14 PM
HAHA! the prince of belair. I haven't seen that show in years. I don't think they've aired it on any of the big networks here since the mid 90's.

subyfanatic
07-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And Id like to take a minute just sit right there
Ill tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air.

http://www.wildwildwillsmith.com/images/fresh-prince_324x218.jpg

:biggrin: Ahh, Memories

Add your comment to this topic!