Best Rally Car

v10_viper
04-09-2005, 10:44 PM
What do you guys think is the best car to win all of those "Special Condition Events"? I've tried using a modded Subara WRX, but I kinda suck, I average like 4-6 of those damn penalties a lap on most courses. I want to buy the Impreza Rally Car for 750,000 or the Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car for 1,250,000 but I'm unsure of which one is better, could buy them both I guess. OR is there an alternative that'll smoke these two?

dantheman00114
04-10-2005, 06:49 PM
impreza rally car is good, thats what i used for most of the races

v10_viper
04-10-2005, 10:05 PM
I ended up just buying the Evo Super Rally Car and won the second to last race to win the Suzuki Escudo. So winning all of the special condition events "shouldn't" be too hard.

Edit: screw the Escudo, that rear wing is in the way of the driving view, I guess I could get use to it but screw it. I can't drive in the other views either.

TAFKADY
04-12-2005, 06:10 AM
I won the offroad races in "easy" and "normal" with the Toyota RSC Rally Car. It's superior to the opponents but I was kinda unskilled. I still have to practice for "hard".

BTW does anyone know what happened to the Lancer Evo VII Rally Car? As far as I know it's not included in GT4, but I saw pictures of it racing on Grand Canyon.

Wild Cobra Z28
04-15-2005, 02:38 PM
What do you guys think is the best car to win all of those "Special Condition Events"?

I used the 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR for most of the ones I completed so far. It is overkill on all the "Easy" events and my spec points are lower than I shoot for. I use stock power (Easy and Normel events), S3 tires for non snow/dirt, and all special equipment like racing clutch, brakes, etc. I wish a GT4 accessory is a restrictor plate so I can lower my HP and get more A-Spec points. I don't remember off hand, but max HP for this car is in the high 500's.

I was smiling racing my stock powered Evo for the Tsukuba Wet Race (Normal) against the Saleen S7. I recieved 200 easy spec points!

Wild Cobra Z28
04-15-2005, 03:22 PM
BTW does anyone know what happened to the Lancer Evo VII Rally Car? As far as I know it's not included in GT4, but I saw pictures of it racing on Grand Canyon.

I think it is the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car in GT4. (correction 4/16) Strike that.... That is not the one......

I am now only to week 53 on tediously checking the used cars, and it is not there yet. So far, the Evo 7 GSR & RS appear. It wouldn’t surprise me if it appears in used cars before the 100 week cycle ends.

Add your comment to this topic!