Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Speed Sensors!!!

k3smostwanted
04-09-2005, 07:08 PM
ok...i was thinking.

the TT and NA speed sensors are not the same right??? due to the different gearing in the Rear Differential...so if i were complete a TT swap and still using my N/A differential. i would need a N/A speed sensor right??? if anyone knows, please inform as i am not sure on which i need but i am pretty sure they are different. courtesyparts.come doesnt list speed sensors, atleast not that i saw so i dont know if they have different part numbers. i just assume they would be different due to the different gearing...

also, another curiosity question...the TT clutch has a vacuum booster system. is this necessary to install??? i dont want my clutch to be really stiff but i have heard there isnt much of a difference. and another questons...if i use a TT clutch pedal, do i have to use the booster system for it to work because it ties into the pedal??? i dotn think i do but then again it does tie right into the back of the pedal so im not sure.

thanks in adance...i have a few more questions. like how the hell am i gonna figure out how and where to mount all the clutch lines and such but thats another day...if anyone runs across a diagram of the clutch system in the Z32, please notify me. the manual doesnt do a very good job of explaining or diagraming where all the lines go. :dunno:

domesticdisturbans
04-09-2005, 07:17 PM
what is a 2+2 300zx???
and your guess is as good as mine on that one
SOrry for the waste of line but i was looking for a 300zx
shawn~

k3smostwanted
04-09-2005, 08:09 PM
what is a 2+2 300zx???
and your guess is as good as mine on that one
SOrry for the waste of line but i was looking for a 300zx
shawn~

2+2 is a 4-seater 300zx...it has a backseat unlike the 2-seater. but its about worthless...i use it to store my bookbag when i was going to school and thats about it.

stephenp
04-09-2005, 11:31 PM
try going to atozone . com and bring up the sensor for both the tt and the na and then cross refewrence the part number
no idea but im gonna guess that they are the same only diffence in the rear differential .. or wait are you using the tt tranny shoot hmmm then i think your gonna have to have it recalibrated i think if there any thing like your avereage car they use a diffent gear inside the tranny but with the whole miss matched tranny and rear axle it may screw iot up hmmm i dont know i gus youll havet o look iut up and i cross reference everything i can through things like autoi zoine tio check for combatibility

k3smostwanted
04-10-2005, 12:53 AM
try going to atozone . com and bring up the sensor for both the tt and the na and then cross refewrence the part number
no idea but im gonna guess that they are the same only diffence in the rear differential .. or wait are you using the tt tranny shoot hmmm then i think your gonna have to have it recalibrated i think if there any thing like your avereage car they use a diffent gear inside the tranny but with the whole miss matched tranny and rear axle it may screw iot up hmmm i dont know i gus youll havet o look iut up and i cross reference everything i can through things like autoi zoine tio check for combatibility

well thats what im thinking...the transmissions have the same gearing. its the rear diff that nissan changed the gearing between the 2. so im thinking that even if i use the TT tranny i need the N/A speed sensor because of the N/A diff.

the 2 sensors have to be different...there is no way around it.

as you can probably tell, i have put some thought into this...if my assumptions and accusations are correct then i still need the N/A speed sensor due to me keepign the N/A rear diff. this should keep my speedometer correct...

now i need to figure out how to splice the 2 harnesses together. damn, nissan, they never make anything simple for the average joe trying make something out of nothing...:lol:

rendertrust
04-10-2005, 10:12 AM
list those speed sensor prices,if it not a problem, i think thats whats gone wrong with the speedometer not working ... this month is last month on the sticker and the car wont pass for another one unless speedo works

DeleriousZ
04-10-2005, 03:38 PM
sounds like you've got it under control... how hard do you think it'd be to install the vacuum booster system? if it's an easy thing to do, might as well... once you get into the higher power handling clutches, most of them are harder to work than the stock one..

k3smostwanted
04-10-2005, 03:56 PM
sounds like you've got it under control... how hard do you think it'd be to install the vacuum booster system? if it's an easy thing to do, might as well... once you get into the higher power handling clutches, most of them are harder to work than the stock one..

thats what i was thinking...but it looks like it may be a pain in the ass to figure out where it goes and stuff. i already have an upgraded clutch so i kinda want to use it...actually, it wouldnt be hard at all to install if i knew where it went...its a couple air tanks and a few hoses, i just have no idea where it lines the engine bay.

i really need a diagram of the clutch system and where it lines the engine bay because i have no idea and my manual doesnt have anything good in it.

BROKE AS ****: maybe, if you engine bay is clean you could take a picture of the driver's side engine bay so i can see the clutch lines. i would greatly appreciate it if it all possible!!! thanks...

stephenp
04-10-2005, 10:12 PM
well i think the sensor is the same but the cog inside the tranny would be the difference but i may ber wrong and i guess they didnt like the old style they had of the whole different rear and trans gearing hmm and if you hook that up ... wont that keep the speed govener lol disconnect and no more govener for the \high spped (do a mathmaticle conversion after the run to check toop speed lol) just pikin good luck

k3smostwanted
04-10-2005, 10:43 PM
well i think the sensor is the same but the cog inside the tranny would be the difference but i may ber wrong and i guess they didnt like the old style they had of the whole different rear and trans gearing hmm and if you hook that up ... wont that keep the speed govener lol disconnect and no more govener for the \high spped (do a mathmaticle conversion after the run to check toop speed lol) just pikin good luck

no, i am pretty sure i got it right. due to the different gearing in the rear diff and not the transmission itself, i need the speed sensor that matches my read diff which would be the N/A speed sensor which makes it easier because i have one of those. :D

thanks anyways for your help...

i am actually thinking about changing to a TT rear diff later on down the road to get better top end but that is down the road so i will think about it then. we will see...

DeleriousZ
04-11-2005, 12:55 AM
when will you need to go 180 mph k3? lol

Zgringo
04-11-2005, 11:54 AM
K3 you got it dead nut on. Just change the sensor and your done with it. The only difference is in the rearend ratio, as far as gear ratio and the speedometer is concerned.
I can't believe I go for 4 days, and when I get back all I read is posts that don't even know what there talking about.

Hodo
04-11-2005, 12:39 PM
So Albert how did you do at Spring Nationals? I caught some of the semi finals and finals last night on ESPN, but they dont show anyother classes than top fuel, Funny car, and Prostock Bike.

Zgringo
04-11-2005, 01:10 PM
So Albert how did you do at Spring Nationals? I caught some of the semi finals and finals last night on ESPN, but they dont show anyother classes than top fuel, Funny car, and Prostock Bike.

Caught a red light and finished 2nd in the finals. Gave away about 150 T-shirts. Everyone loves the 350. Have to order more.

k3smostwanted
04-11-2005, 04:34 PM
when will you need to go 180 mph k3? lol

ill never know if i cant try...:evillol:

K3 you got it dead nut on. Just change the sensor and your done with it. The only difference is in the rearend ratio, as far as gear ratio and the speedometer is concerned.
I can't believe I go for 4 days, and when I get back all I read is posts that don't even know what there talking about.

thanks Al for confirming my thoughts...

and just a curiosity question that i sure you know off the top of your head...what is the top speed of a well built Z32 TT with a N/A rear diff, with a (lets say) 7500 RPM redline???

ok now, the same car except with the TT rear diff???

i would do it myself but i deleted that little program that you posted a while back and i cant find it.

Zgringo
04-12-2005, 12:59 AM
With a N/A rearend 190-200MPH, with a TT rearend 200+MPH. I've had mine over 200 but I was turning over 7,500RPM. I'm really not sure, my speedometer only goes to 190MPH.
At that speed it really don't matter, just say fast.

k3smostwanted
04-12-2005, 04:46 PM
With a N/A rearend 190-200MPH, with a TT rearend 200+MPH. I've had mine over 200 but I was turning over 7,500RPM. I'm really not sure, my speedometer only goes to 190MPH.
At that speed it really don't matter, just say fast.
:lol:
ahhh...ok. thanks Al, 190-200mph sounds fast enough to me. :lol:

did you ever find out if you or where we could get a hold of one of those 190 MPH guage clusters??? you may have said and i just missed it...

Zgringo
04-13-2005, 12:04 AM
For the 190MPH speedometers contact:

SPEEDLING GROUP

Arley Leghorn
phone: 650-776-1010
aleghorn@speedlinegroup.com

ExTrEmEDrIfT
04-13-2005, 12:57 AM
hey i know this is offtopic but what the hell is this thing
http://tinypic.com/4gi710

ExTrEmEDrIfT
04-13-2005, 12:59 AM
heres a picture of my custom radio installation kit i need to put screws in the bottom of the black dash cover and it will cover up those little holes at the bottom

http://tinypic.com/4gi71x

another shot of it
http://tinypic.com/4gi78g

and soon to come ill have it done how i want and ill post more pics

DeleriousZ
04-13-2005, 01:05 AM
i dunno, but it's missing on mine so it can't be THAT important... and why are your valve covers red?

ExTrEmEDrIfT
04-13-2005, 01:11 AM
thats how they were i thought that was the stock color why what color are yours ? lol

did ya look at my radio install pics

ExTrEmEDrIfT
04-15-2005, 01:09 AM
oh on tha first pic isnt it my POV???

k3smostwanted
04-15-2005, 06:40 PM
oh on tha first pic isnt it my POV???

it is something to do with your turbo or boost control...what the hell is a POV???

liam91ttz
04-16-2005, 01:12 AM
BROKE AS ****: maybe, if you engine bay is clean you could take a picture of the driver's side engine bay so i can see the clutch lines. i would greatly appreciate it if it all possible!!! thanks...

hey k3 , i think...the clutch line runs from the drivers side fire wall down through to under the passengers side to the back of the trans.

i just have a steel braided line that bypasses strait to the trans

....as for the vacum that remained stock

if u need a pic just let me know.

k3smostwanted
04-16-2005, 01:03 PM

hey k3 , i think...the clutch line runs from the drivers side fire wall down through to under the passengers side to the back of the trans.

i just have a steel braided line that bypasses strait to the trans

....as for the vacum that remained stock

if u need a pic just let me know.

yes please...it would greatly be appreciated if you could just show me a picture to give me an idea of how the clutch lines run. thanks...

Add your comment to this topic!