Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need instructions on how to install coilovers?

93Civicgurl
04-02-2002, 06:48 PM
I recently ordered a set of coilover springs for my 93 Civic DX. I did not receive any instructions with them. So basically I have no idea how to put them on. By the way I will probably have some help from my brother on this. So any help would be appreciated. :)

SilverY2KCivic
04-03-2002, 02:34 AM
First off, welcome to AF.com :)

On the coilover install, here's a page I know of that should be able to help you out on installing them, it was made for installing the Max-Speed coilovers, but since they are all basically the same design wise, it should apply to whichever ones you have, as long as they are the sleeve type. Here's the link (http://www.jdmfan.com/technical/suspension/maxspeed_coilovers/) to installing them. :) Hope it helps you out, and keep us posted on how it turns out, and how you like them. :cool:

96LSIntegraRocket
04-04-2002, 09:44 PM
i dont get it,.... so theres no need for spring compressors??? are those $100 coilovers on ebay any good

SilverY2KCivic
04-05-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by 96LSIntegraRocket
i dont get it,.... so theres no need for spring compressors??? are those $100 coilovers on ebay any good

Well according to that how-to, they are necassery, but I always thought they were. Anywho, DON'T get the $100 coilovers, they are never that good, usually are very bouncy, and squeak a lot, not to mention the threads on the perches can strip out on them. If you want quality coilover sleeves, I'd suggest either Skunk2's, or Ground Controls. Yes they are a little more expensive, but you get what you pay for when it comes to suspension. ;)

96LSIntegraRocket
04-06-2002, 12:27 PM
my bad guess i didnt pay good enough attention thanks for the advice:sun:

93Civicgurl
04-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Well guys, I still haven't gotten my coil-overs on. I hope to do it this weekend after I go buy me a new motorcycle :D I have taken some pics of my car, and also my old prelude. That I sold to a friend of mine. Hope to get them up soon.

SilverY2KCivic
04-10-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 93Civicgurl
Well guys, I still haven't gotten my coil-overs on. I hope to do it this weekend after I go buy me a new motorcycle :D I have taken some pics of my car, and also my old prelude. That I sold to a friend of mine. Hope to get them up soon.

Cool deal then. :) What cycle did you get? And good luck with the coilover install. :cool:

93Civicgurl
04-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Well I haven't bought the bike yet. I am going to look at it tomorrow. But most likely will be bringing it home with me. It is a 94 Honda CBR600 F2 with a 98 F4 engine in it. I will keep you posted...

nittanys1
04-10-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 96LSIntegraRocket

Just as SilverY2KCivic said NO dont get the ones on Ebay are cheap and the DO squeak like HELL I know!!! save up and DO IT RIGHT.

93Civicgurl
04-10-2002, 09:19 PM
I forgot to add this, I guess I just like hondas too much. Ricer gurl 'til I die....

GSteg
05-04-2002, 11:45 AM
:eek:

a girl that isn't afraid to get her hands dirty..
a girl that is going with a honda CBR600 motorcycle..
a girl that actually works on cars...

SWEET! i want one:D

93Civicgurl
05-04-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by GSteg
:eek:

a girl that isn't afraid to get her hands dirty..
a girl that is going with a honda CBR600 motorcycle..
a girl that actually works on cars...

SWEET! i want one:D

Not only is it a CBR600 motorcycle. It is the Smoking Joes Limited Racing Edition. With a Yoshimura full exhaust. It kicks *** :D

Add your comment to this topic!