Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thanks to A Stranger for fixing my Lumina APV

katlee
04-07-2005, 07:17 PM
I just drove from Winnipeg Manitoba, to Buckingham Quebec. A total of 3,000 kilometres, took 43hours... it ran fine the first month I bought it seemed to get really good milage.. when I left about 5 hours into the trip it seemed to be buring gas faster. the further I went the more it cost for gas. I kept having the gas stations check and they found nothing so I stoped at the Canadian Tire Store and got a bottle of Duralube {thought maybe if I cleaned the engine it might run better}.
Thank god I was so tired from driving lol I could not open the hood so this nice gentleman {just happened to be a mechanic on lunch lol} who just finished eating at Wendy's saw me fighting with the hood came over and told me to release the hood again because they stick sometimes. When we opened it he put in the duralube for me into the engine and notice that I had a valve off the intake. It looked like a L, the top was perfect he pulled it off the bottom was all cracked and had pieces missing. Then he said I bet you were paying a lot for gas. Took offf the piece and said it had fused to the line and when the mechanics checked the lines it would of looked good but the heat from the engine over the long drive had released it. He said that this trip just saved me a lot of money down the road. He told me to bring in the piece "apv valve I think he called it" and when I did they said they didn't have any there but gave me a $2.00 Piece of tubing and said it would do the same thing. I went out put it on from that moment on my Lumina APV Has been driving like a charm and the gas milage wow 900 K on a 3/4 tank.
So I am here to say thank god to that man and the time he took to help me out. Without charge to fix my car. I wish I knew his name so I could send him a ty note. lol
I have gone out and got a manual for my van and looking into taking courses for it..

richtazz
04-09-2005, 08:11 AM
it's nice to hear there are still nice guys out there willing to help a lady is distress. He is the kind of guy that more of us need to be.

Add your comment to this topic!