Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stock speakers Suck

5DoorMan
04-07-2005, 11:16 AM
is it me or does anyone else notice how worthless the stock speakers are? I managed to remove the stock speakers and tweeters and installed a new set. one heck of an improvement. next i plan on installing an amp under the drivers seat to power a sub. i'll send pics when its all done.

jgeib
04-08-2005, 12:48 PM
For a factory system, mine kicks butt. I've got the 6 CD in dash changer with the component front system from the factory. It sounds a heck of a lot better than my stereo in my truck with an aftermarket Pioneer CD Player and 6 1/2 in Rockford Fosgate 2-ways in the doors and the back seat. The bass in my 3 from the factory sounds like I've got at least a decent 8 inch sub in the back. Unless you go to a Bose, or Boston Acoustics factory unit, I think it ranks right up there pretty good.

5DoorMan
04-08-2005, 12:59 PM
the headunit isnt all that as it only pushes 25w x 4. i also have the tweeters but they barely make a difference. i was content with the system when i 1st got it but since then i've swapped out the stock 6 x 8 with 6 1/2's and new tweeters. sounds a heck of a lot better, plus the install was a breeze.

Departure1
04-17-2005, 12:22 PM
the headunit isnt all that as it only pushes 25w x 4. i also have the tweeters but they barely make a difference. i was content with the system when i 1st got it but since then i've swapped out the stock 6 x 8 with 6 1/2's and new tweeters. sounds a heck of a lot better, plus the install was a breeze.

I agree the stock speakers sound dull!!! It sounds like a blanket is over the speakers at times. I'm always adjusting the Bass, Treble, Mid. There's no punch to these speakers.

Which speakers did you get? Also how come you went with a 6 1/2 and not the stock size of 6x8?

Thanks

5DoorMan
04-17-2005, 12:34 PM
i installed a componet system (Kenwood KFC-P605ie) with 6 1/2's and tweets. i found a website that showed how to convert the stock mounting to fit 6 1/2s. a friend recommended buying 6 1/2's. i really love the sound after it was all said and done.

Departure1
04-17-2005, 01:02 PM
i installed a componet system (Kenwood KFC-P605ie) with 6 1/2's and tweets. i found a website that showed how to convert the stock mounting to fit 6 1/2s. a friend recommended buying 6 1/2's. i really love the sound after it was all said and done.

Hey thanks for the info.

Are your new speakers powered or do they get there power from the stock radio. I don't want to add any amps just want replacement speakers that sound that sound better.

Thanks

5DoorMan
04-17-2005, 01:10 PM
i didnt amp the door speakers, just a sub in the trunk. if you're looking to install 6 1/2s or anything audio related check this site out...step by step and very helpful

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/495957

Add your comment to this topic!