Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

low power when pushing on gas then go crazy on acceleration

mongo105
04-06-2005, 04:55 PM
What is this probles? Nobody can find it. When i push on the gas pedal to go from a red light to a green or leave a stop sing, the blazer go slow and steady, even if i push hard on the pedal, and then, about 2 sec lather, it go on really fast and everiting is normal after that. Then it hapen again any times. It's really bugging me. Please, some body help me! Even the people at the chevy garage don't know the proble (and the problem is not the driver :) ) I don't know what else to say.
it's not the spark plug and wires are new.
Blazer 2001, 4.3

ricksza
04-06-2005, 06:30 PM
You will need to start at the basics. First check the computer for codes. Could be a problem with Throttle Position Sensor, Manifold Air Pressure Sensor, Mass Air Flow Sensor, ETC. Next check the fuel filter and fuel pressure. Could also be caused by a Catalytic Converter breaking apart internally.

blazee
04-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Could also be a lazy O2 sensor. The first thing to do would be to check the codes, but if the Chevy dealer couldn't find the problem, more than likely there are no codes. Has the check engine light come on? Did it start before or after replacing the plugs and wires? What brand did you use? Did you replace the cap and rotor too? Any other problems...rough idle, spitting, sputtering, etc.?

blazerpimp
04-06-2005, 07:21 PM
What is this probles? Nobody can find it. When i push on the gas pedal to go from a red light to a green or leave a stop sing, the blazer go slow and steady, even if i push hard on the pedal, and then, about 2 sec lather, it go on really fast and everiting is normal after that. Then it hapen again any times. It's really bugging me. Please, some body help me!

It wouldn't hurt to check your spelling next time.

blazee
04-06-2005, 07:55 PM

A lot of people that come to this forum are from other countries. They do a pretty good job conversing in a language that they may not be familiar with. This guy is from Canada, you should consider that he may be French-Canadian.

FYI: Assholes don't last long here.

http://files.bighosting.net/ov24386.jpg

s10blazerman4x4
04-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Yes i agree blazee aholes dont last forever

Sen Sen
04-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Yes i agree blazee aholes dont last forever

That must be the reason why a lot of old people wear diapers:lol:

blazerpimp
04-06-2005, 10:24 PM
A lot of people that come to this forum are from other countries. They do a pretty good job conversing in a language that they may not be familiar with. This guy is from Canada, you should consider that he may be French-Canadian.

FYI: Assholes like myself don't last long here.

I'm making a vaild point it's extremely hard to make sense of the post.

BlazerLT
04-06-2005, 11:10 PM

Wanna be a dick within your first 2 posts? How about having your ass kicked the f*** out of here smart ass.

BlazerLT
04-06-2005, 11:11 PM
What is this probles? Nobody can find it. When i push on the gas pedal to go from a red light to a green or leave a stop sing, the blazer go slow and steady, even if i push hard on the pedal, and then, about 2 sec lather, it go on really fast and everiting is normal after that. Then it hapen again any times. It's really bugging me. Please, some body help me! Even the people at the chevy garage don't know the proble (and the problem is not the driver :) ) I don't know what else to say.
it's not the spark plug and wires are new.
Blazer 2001, 4.3

Sounds like your TPS has a dead spot.

Might be time for a tuneup.

blazee
04-07-2005, 07:00 AM
That must be the reason why a lot of old people wear diapers:lol:

http://files.bighosting.net/nz3887.gif ROTFLMMFAO

wolfox
04-07-2005, 10:46 AM
New and improved: from Sealco -

Super Senior Ass Seal - Not to be confused with a No.7 TH700 shaft seal; restores normal operation to an otherwise slow or inoperative unit! No more embarrasing "oil" stains left on chairs whenever you park for a time. Say goodbye to ever having your rear-end rebuilt and aligned. Works great on the family pet too.

Self-installation not recommended...

mike2004tct
04-07-2005, 11:12 AM
New and improved: from Sealco -

Super Senior Ass Seal - Not to be confused with a No.7 TH700 shaft seal; restores normal operation to an otherwise slow or inoperative unit! No more embarrasing "oil" stains left on chairs whenever you park for a time. Say goodbye to ever having your rear-end rebuilt and aligned. Works great on the family pet too.

Self-installation not recommended...

Butt where would you go to get that installed?
What's the labor rate? Sounds like a shitty job.

Nightswan
04-07-2005, 12:11 PM

FYI: Assholes don't last long here.

That guy is from Quebec and Blazerpimp is Canadian also (so am i). People from Quebec dont generally have a good rep with the rest of Canada especially people here in New Brunswick and Ontario. They want the rest of the country to bend to them and their language ( i deal with them everyday at work), I'm not trying to be a A** in this post just stating fact about my country. And by the way, I think he did a great job explaining the problem considering the language barrier.

zr2rando
04-07-2005, 03:17 PM
I had a Nissan truck years ago that acted like that. The air intake had a rag accidentally sucked up inside it that was blocking air flow. (I had accidentally left a rag under the hood near the air intake and somehow it crawled up that intake). When I gave it gas to go from a stop light the gas was pooling in the intake and then the air would start flowing and then the mix would finally clear itself out....only happened when going from a stop light.
Don't know if this is the problem here, but I'd verify there is no air blockage and that fuel injection is working correctly, TBI is clear...that sorta thing.
Good luck

Yeah I felt dumb after that!

Add your comment to this topic!