Page updated on 11-17-2017

Viper v. Eclipse RS

eclipser2001
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
My eclipse can tear any crappy viper in pieces. ill race one any time, any day.

lol jk.

Skyline_BNR34
04-07-2005, 03:33 PM
i take it you dont know shit about the viper. But one thing if it was modified(your eclispe) it could bat a viper. but if stock hell no. But pretty good joke(douche bag) lol ok i have one request race one someday tell me the outcome

eclipser2001
04-08-2005, 02:38 PM
i beat one before for slips.

eclipser2001
04-08-2005, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=

LOL JK.[/QUOTE]

obviously you didn't get that part.

tasattack
04-12-2005, 12:33 PM
you have to have a pretty healthy modded, if not close to race, or modified block ie. 2.3 or 2.4 stroker motor to tear up a viper especially if you only got a fwd. a 2.0 will do it BUT bigger is better. now if you had awd you could prob beat any viper off the line to an unexperienced driver until it hooks up. i used to have a fwd turbo eclipse gs it wasnt slow but i know i couldnt beat any vipers. i know i could smoke z28s with a modded air canister, (power-weight ratio) especially toped out before those slow cars, but lets face it a z28 is hardly a viper. as much as i like the "dsm" it does take quite a good bit of work to get into the bracket a viper reigns over. cant necissarily slap on a bigger turbo and expect to blow anything away, goes deeper than just a turbo.

Skyline_BNR34
04-13-2005, 04:09 PM
yea i did get that part but still you shouldnt do that to some popel im just an ass okay so i you talk to me you expect a little yelling involed

V T E C H
05-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Man, i saw a video of a Integra GSR, and it worked over the viper. man that must hurt, cuz the viper was like aoubt 10920392094 dollars, and the GSR was like 4. so yeah....

tasattack
05-03-2005, 12:56 PM
lol, fuck honda!

-Davo
05-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Man, i saw a video of a Integra GSR, and it worked over the viper. man that must hurt, cuz the viper was like aoubt 10920392094 dollars, and the GSR was like 4. so yeah....

lol d00d yeah i saw that.

theFREAKnasty82
05-11-2005, 12:23 AM
if you people honestly think that an Eclipse or any other ricer w/ a 4-banger could own a Viper, you people are sick and need professional help. The only ricer I know of that could give the Viper a run for its money, well there are a few, Toyota Supra Turbo, Nissan Skyline, but these cars would have to be have some mods to own the Viper. Bottom line, no 4-banger ricer will beat a Viper, period.

tasattack
05-11-2005, 12:21 PM
hate to burst your bubble, but pretty much anything can be modded to own any other cars whether its in its class or not. and supras, skylines and 3000gt vr4s are not 4bangers, 2ndly they are all either sequentially or twin turbo charged with 320 or more hp. 3rd a good example of a 4banger that will smoke a STOCK/Mild upgraded viper is a 4g63 or 4g64 (2.3/2.4) stroker turbo charged motor Mildly upgraded. Dont believe me? direct yourself here then....http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/timeslips.php dont know what a dsm is, i pitty you!

modded or not, people will do what they want to their cars to make it unique, wheather it smokes a viper or not. the purposes of modding be it street legal or not should not bother anyone who drives a viper. people drive expensive cars because of status quoe, and the same reason someone would want to modify their car. not because its "supposed to be the fastest american muscle car today." But because people have TASTE. the very same reason someone would rather buy a european car. point is, ANYTHING is possible. because im the type of person that HATES hondas, vettes, all gm products...doesnt mean i should care if this guys vett or honda will smoke some other guys viper...

Skyline_BNR34
05-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Just like he said, "ANYTHING CAN BE MODDED THE BEAT ANOTHER CAR" Except a Top Fuel drag car.....

theFREAKnasty82
05-11-2005, 11:44 PM
supras, skylines and 3000gt vr4s are not 4bangers, 2ndly they are all either sequentially or twin turbo charged with 320 or more hp.

I should have mentioned that any stock ricer is no match for a Viper, my mistake for not being clear. I know very well that the Supra, Skyline, 3000 GT VR4 all have 6-cylinder engines, and I should have been more clear about that. It's interesting how they need forced induction to get the power they need to be fast, but the Viper is N/A and makes over 500 HP and can go as high as 800 N/A. Just thought that was interesting........

-The Stig-
05-12-2005, 12:27 AM
I should have mentioned that any stock ricer is no match for a Viper, my mistake for not being clear. I know very well that the Supra, Skyline, 3000 GT VR4 all have 6-cylinder engines, and I should have been more clear about that. It's interesting how they need forced induction to get the power they need to be fast, but the Viper is N/A and makes over 500 HP and can go as high as 800 N/A. Just thought that was interesting........

All I have to say is why does the Viper need 8 liters and 10 cylinders to make 500hp, when the new Z06 makes 500 with two less cylinders a liter less displacement? :rolleyes:

Your arguement sucks. The cars you mentioned when new, cost just about half of what an Overpriced Viper costs.

So, the Viper should make more power. You bloody pay through the nose for one.

Stop parading around like the Viper is the shit. It's a nice car, just not the end all of performance.

Like so...
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=403393

TerminalVelocity
05-12-2005, 12:36 AM
OWNED!!!!

theFREAKnasty82
05-12-2005, 12:52 AM
My intention is to not parade around like the Viper is all that, I'm American by blood and if I sound like a bigot, forgive me but, American cars are the best all around. They're much roomier, powerful and can be just as efficient and economical as any ricer. I HATE ricers w/ their huge 4" tailpipes, oversized wings and cheap plastic parts. I think all that crap is a waste altogether. So again, though I'm a Dodge enthusiast, I was never trying to glorify the Viper as being the best of the best, though the best did play a role in its inception, Mr. Carroll Shelby, I wanted express myself and how I feel about these stupid ricers who think they're fast just because they spend a couple hundred bucks at a swap meet or flea market, spend one saturday afternoon putting it all on and thinking that they'll break the 12 second mark, when their little 4-bangers can't even hit 20 seconds ETs. It's just plain annoying and stupid.

-The Stig-
05-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Fair enough. I respect that.

We all hate those types of people, both the guys who sport the Import and the guys who sport the domestic rides.

It goes both ways. I've seen many a 'riced' out Camaro and Mustang. Both in V6 and V8 forms.

drewh4386
05-17-2005, 04:06 AM
It not a viper but just an example of dsm power........

http://www.posracing.net/files/MRizotti_11_65.avi

vamc
05-20-2005, 03:01 PM
I shut down a POS Honda civic on a 1/4mile non vtec well atleast it didnt say on the side with my 99 3.4L alero. I think it had an intake but thats it. Soo with that being said, no way can a stock Honda or eclips shut down a viper. the Viper will kill my car anyday.

tasattack
05-20-2005, 03:51 PM
i live in a big city mostly noone has heard of probably. now i like ricers...humm let me rephrase that, i ONLY like mitsubishis/mopar now the only mopars ive seen riced and actually look descent are neons, if they are done right. Let me just say that people are just overall the dumbest mammels on the planet. Ive seen geo metros, ford festivas, buick riverias, skylarks RICED out with the gayest spoilers. In a place where there is nothing but GMs and shitty hondas.....these have got to be the WORST possible things to look at. Ive seen nothing but hondas, and around here i cant go 2ft outside my garage and not see 50 f****n hondas. And yes they are all riced too...and yes they all look so gay as hell its almost fun to point and laugh. Now on the otherhand those of us into the DSM/neon i have seen probably 2 or 3 that lookd ridiculous, and those were lowriders...which are just dumb, 13" wheels that stick out 2ft from each side. All im tryin to say is there is a proper way of modding a car, and if your modding a granny car for the love of god keep it a sleeper!! Thankfully nobody around here has ruined a 300c or magnum with ricer parts! YET

vamc
05-20-2005, 06:32 PM
I agree.

cficare68
05-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Hell i download a video of a civic dx hatchback owning a viper. If you put enough money and time into any import it could easily be done

TheKhaos
05-30-2005, 05:58 AM
I believe the point is: Who the hell would want to spend that kinda money anyway? It would probably be more cost-efficient to simply buy the high-powered car in the first place. Besides, Vipers are among the raddest looking cars on the planet.

drewh4386
05-30-2005, 06:10 AM
Dude, vipers turned ugly after the r/t's

Not trying to start a argument but, Its cool to buy a car for 80,000 dollars because of a NAME. But some people want to buy a car and invest 1/4 of the amount the other guy spent and run just as fast as the other guy.

Jaguar D-Type
05-30-2005, 03:14 PM
I don't think the new Viper coupe is ugly.

http://shows.dealerrater.com/gallery/2005-geneva-auto-show-lg/img_7599.jpg

drewh4386
05-30-2005, 06:08 PM
THe best looking viper was the gtr

Jaguar D-Type
05-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Do you mean to say the Le Mans-winning GTS-R race car?

There is no such thing as a production Viper GTR.

drewh4386
05-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Do you mean to say the Le Mans-winning GTS-R race car?

There is no such thing as a production Viper GTR.

yeah...that one.

tubjub
06-01-2005, 10:17 AM
okay first off i don't want to start a war in here, but i'll add my commentary.

its not fair to hate on the guys that own the ricers...

i'm partially from the ricer scene and let me tell you what, any stock viper owner doesn't know what you can get yourself into if you make the wrong rice owner mad !

its all about power to weight and the american industry simply hasn't figured that one out yet. the american way is to "PUT A HEMI IN IT" ... that's bullshit all in itself... period.

i regularly hang with a car club near my residence and it consists of mostly eclipses. mods to no end ... fearlessly turbocharged. and let me tell you... one or two of the cars would beat a viper all day.

i've seen 800hp toyota supras... 500hp honda civic 4-doors... that finish the quarter way quicker than an $80,000 viper.

and what about the corvette, isin't that suppose to be the viper's nemesis ? hell that car makes 100hp, on two less cylinders...and is BARELY slower in just about everything.... so what's up with that ?

i mean, hell ... my gixxer would destroy a viper in a 1/4 mile.

don't hate on the rice... they do what v8's do on half the cylinders and displacement, and half the time end up being faster than the v8 will ever be.

READ THE SIGNATURE.... someone please constructively reply, and don't make me look like an idiot... everyone has to start somewhere.

tubjub
06-01-2005, 10:18 AM
SORRY !!! 100 LESS HP... not 100hp... lol

tubjub
06-01-2005, 10:30 AM
and you american muscle owners wanna get mad ??? how about ROTARY ? those little spinning rotors defy the odds and crank out massive hp and insane rpm's. how about a 1100hp mazda rx3 ? all on two rotors and 1.3L's or does anyone in here know about rotaries ?

as someone previously quoted " no ricer 4 banger will ever beat a viper "

it has been done, and my 600cc 4-cyl motorcycle will beat your viper.

theFREAKnasty82
06-01-2005, 10:52 PM
it's true that you can make any Japanese car run faster than a Viper but my thing is, why would anyone spend over $15,000 for a turbo that'll give you ok, 500 HP in a car that's worth only $2000? Unless you have money laying around all over the place, spending excessive amounts of money on a car to "mod" it and make it fast is pointless, you'll be paying out of your nose for a long time unless you find big races that pay big for the high cost of trying to make the car fast.

Hey tubjub, I agree, the rotary is fast and makes crazy power, but rotary's aren't as reliable. In the mid-80s, shops were filled with RX-7s b/c the motors were always blowing. When Mazda pulled the plug (actually, Ford) back in '96 for the RX-7, yes it wasn't a fast seller but the rotary engine was just not made to last and eventually self-destructed. I'll take a V8 anyday over a rotary; I may get owned, but at least I'll be able to drive home while that RX-7 is waiting for a tow. If you don't believe me about the reliability of the rotary engine, ask any Mazda tech who's been around for years, they'll tell you, they can spin up to around 12,000 RPM, but won't last long.

tubjub
06-02-2005, 03:39 PM
yeah man you're right, i understand that. i owned a rotary for about 3 months and got sick of working on it, but it was fun, nonetheless.

lol my only argument is i can't afford a viper at any rate, nor the insurance. and i'm gonna say more than half of the people on this site can't afford one eiether.

they are insanely powerful, i've been in a viper truck... (similar power)

i just can't see spending $80g's on a car when you could spend less than $10g's ... put another $5k in the motor and have hell on wheels...

just my opinion... i'll stick with a bike. lol

tubjub
06-02-2005, 03:46 PM
just gotta watch what ya say ... lmfao

the guys over in the rx7 forum would have a hayday on rotary haters...

smithm
10-25-2005, 09:45 PM
hey tubjub ever run a twin turbo viper on your motorcycle?

tipota
10-30-2005, 08:43 PM
im tired of these threads of people not understanding why you would spend 80k on a viper, that its stupid to do so, and try to downplay the car. vipers are really nice cars. i know a computer consultant who used to make altoa money and he had one, and i was fortunate enough to ride in it. its just a really nice and cool car. you may not be able to see spending 80k on a viper, but youll prob never see that much money in your life. the guys who can afford it dont care about the money. its gonna take a shit load of money to make an eclipse beat a viper, and even then the rest of it wont be as nice, plus it wont last as long. eclipses wernt made for that much power, so they wont last too long and certainly wont make reliable daily drivers. also, theres basic things that alot of people dont consider. the eclipse isnt wide enough to handle as good as the viper, and the chassis isnt as rigid to take the abuse a full 400 hp can give a car. the viper is just a real nice car thats built for punishment. ive heard from other DSMer's that once your eclipse hits 300-400 hp, you gotta be prepared to replace parts that will start breaking. if you workign on your car and doing that sort of thing, then fine. but dont be jealous of some guy who can afford a viper and say its not that nice. his car is better than yours. just accept it. its not a big deal. i drive a cruddy little civic dx, but i love my car. its not even as good as my friends celica gt, but i dotn care. i like doign small mods, customizing it, and jstu driving it, but i know my car isnt as good as a lot of other cars. i just dont care, and you guys shouldnt either.

vamc
10-31-2005, 01:19 PM
Amen

9ball
11-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Very good reply, tipota. That's the point I've tried to make in the past on other forums because people tend to make rediculous arguements and defend them with deaf ears. I've actually seen with my own eyes a 1g talon run an 8 sec 1/4mile but it takes a rediculous amount of maintenance to keep that car working. There's also the cool factor. Even if you're driving a 900hp eclipse you're still not going to look as cool as if you were driving a Viper.

It is soooo annoying when an expensive car is the topic of discussion and some kid pops up with "Well, I could build an Integra that could walk that expensive sports car then all of a sudden that expensive sports car is a big waste of money." Expensive sports cars aren't about value, if it were all about value then nobody would drive a Viper, Vette, Ferrari, etc.

Wow, I just noticed that the comparison was against an Eclipse RS. Hmmmmmm....non turbo? I hate these stupid comparisons.

vamc
11-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Hey, NOS bumper stickers make an extra 10hp. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

speedneed
11-30-2005, 03:42 AM
have mercy,people. every car can be modded to the roof. but there is nothing like a brute force of the snake!!!....and you need some skill to enjoy it! i use to build civics on steroids...lol, my last one 94 hatch with n/a h22 did 12.1 sec 1/4 mile...i use to own 96 skyline gtr-great car btw. now i have turbo mr2-love it,96 993 porsche- hate the money you have to spend for every little shit..be for sale soon:-),when it's raining(live in great nw) i drive my 2002 neon converted to srt-4....absolutely love it...give me $6 G's...and i'll beat my viper too..
with some upgrades:-)..but when it's not raining i drive my 96 blue gts and the only upgrade i have is low geared diff., but i'll keep the beast forever:-)...mopar rules!! :iceslolan
btw...my wife hates the friggin car...lol

Add your comment to this topic!