Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Greddy mx exhaust or DC Sports Exhaust?

Xcelon
04-02-2002, 12:55 AM
For a 90' Integra ls, what would be recommended for the deepest sounding and best performing exhaust between the Greddy MX and DC Sports exhausts. If anyone has any info than please respond. I'm having trouble deciding since I've never heard either one in real life. Thanx.

AznDragon
04-02-2002, 01:35 AM
the dc looks really nice and clean and is very quiet. i'm not sure about the mx system. i would think it's nice just cuz it's greddy. i personally would chose the sp system over the mx. have you looked at thermal or tanabe? how loud do you want it be?

OG20
04-02-2002, 02:00 AM
at first i was trying to get the DC twin canister system (TCS) for my integ, but i later found out that they don't make it for integs... i ended up buying the SP and i haven't regretted my decission at all... pretty quiet on the inside and sounds excellent on the outside... just my 2 cents... peace

Xcelon
04-02-2002, 02:25 AM
I want my exhaust to be really quiet at idle and when you hit the gas I don't want it to sound like a weedeater or bee sound. I like the deeper throatier sound.

97teg
04-02-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by OG20
at first i was trying to get the DC twin canister system (TCS) for my integ, but i later found out that they don't make it for integs...

I know its too late now, but the tcs is out for integs now.

AznDragon
04-02-2002, 11:32 PM
i know a guy who went from a dc to a greddy evo for his si, he said that the greddy sounds better (obviously) than the dc, but the dc gave a better power increase due to it's smaller piping. but the dc is way too quiet IMO

00GSR
04-03-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by AznDragon
i know a guy who went from a dc to a greddy evo for his si, he said that the greddy sounds better (obviously) than the dc, but the dc gave a better power increase due to it's smaller piping. but the dc is way too quiet IMO

You sure about that? Did he have this dyno checked?

I believe the DC Sports exhaust uses 2.25" diameter piping while the GReddy EVO uses a pipe which ranges from 60mm (2.36in) all the way up to 70mm (2.76in) right before the muffler. Now, most people believe that 1.5-20. liter N/A engines should use an exhaust pipe in the 2-2.25" range, but I have been reading more and more about how the larger 2.5" piping actually benefits the car (Most recently in the May 2002 SCC on pg. 26 "Ehaustive Research"). I do not know what truly is right or wrong, but I would be interested to see if he really did lose power between the GReddy and DC Sports exhaust.

Side note: I am aware that mufflers do make a difference as well...

:cool:

Add your comment to this topic!