Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Cover

LeConche
04-06-2005, 01:33 PM
I have a 1999 Express 2500, how do you remove interior engine cover?

I've tried finding a shop manual but not having much luck.

Thanks for any help. Glen

PICKUP6772
04-21-2005, 10:03 PM
You're In Luck, Glen. I Work On These All Day Long (school Busses).first, Just Above The Cover, And Below The Radio Faceplate, Is A Plastic Filler. Pull From The Left Side, And Then Unhinge The Right. Under That Will Be 2 10 Mm Nuts. Remove These Along With The 2 10 Mm Bolts, One On Each Side Of The Cover. Then At The Bottom, Are 2 More 10mm Nuts, One On Each Side Of The Heater Outlet. Now Pull Back On That Cover About 6-8 Inches, And Disconnect The Wiring For The Cigar Lighter, And Glovebox Light (one Plug That Powers Both). Remove That Outer Cover.next, Remove The Heater Duct Assembly. This Just Pulls Out, And Will Be In Two Pieces. Next Disconnect The "x" Strap From The Bottom Two Hooks, And Then From The Hook On The Left Side By The Accelerator Pedal. Put The Strap To The Right. For Ease Of Assembly, Do Not Disconnect From The Right Hook. Next Just Pull Back On The Main Cover, And You're There. Assemble In Reverse Order.it Should Not Take You More Than 10 Minutes To Remove, 5 After You've Done It A Few Times. I Don't Have The Passenger Seat In My Way, So It Might Take You A Little Longer. If You Don't Mind Removing Four More Nuts, You Might Want To Remove The Passenger Seat For Better Access. I'm Sorry If This Is A Little Wordy, I'm Not Too Good At Explaining Things. I Tried To Make It As Easy As Possible To Understand.
Mike

Add your comment to this topic!