Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for Champagne spray paint...

howiedoit
04-02-2002, 12:14 AM
Anybody know which spray paint would give me the color I'm looking for? I want to paint one of my cars champage/beige/gold. Whatever you want to call it. I just don't want it too gold, nor too silver. I'd like something that'll give some metallic effect. I've tried "Champage Gold" from Model Masters and it turned out sorta goldish/greenish...Nasty. Please help if you can. Thanks!

Jay!
04-02-2002, 03:59 AM
I'd say just going to the auto parts store and buying a can of touch-up paint in the real color would be your best bet...

And welcome to AF! :D Are you working on a Soarer model, by any chance? ;)

daggerlee
04-02-2002, 05:46 AM
I see you've gotten rid of THE SIGN :rolleyes: ;) :finger:

howiedoit
04-02-2002, 08:59 AM
I'm working on a few cars at the same time right now, trying to get the body's painted nicely. AE86, Soarer and 2 Celsiors. :) I just got the Soarer Drift Machine model from HLJ yesterday.

Will automotive spray paints work the same as model paints?

hirofkd
04-02-2002, 10:27 AM
As long as you protect the plastic with primer, such as Mr. Surfacer, automotive paint works just like a hobby paint. Since you are talking about metallic color, I recommend adding a layer of gloss black between primer and body color. It will add a sense of depth, when body color is applied.

howiedoit
04-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by hirofkd
As long as you protect the plastic with primer, such as Mr. Surfacer, automotive paint works just like a hobby paint. Since you are talking about metallic color, I recommend adding a layer of gloss black between primer and body color. It will add a sense of depth, when body color is applied.

The gloss black won't show through the champage color? Because champagne is sort of a light color...

How many coats of the automotive paint should I use?

Thanks!!!

patate
04-02-2002, 06:44 PM
you should try motomaster paint it dosnt harm the nude plastic and it's automotive paint.

ales
04-02-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by howiedoit

The gloss black won't show through the champage color? Because champagne is sort of a light color...

How many coats of the automotive paint should I use?

Thanks!!!

Did you read the "sticky" threads on top of the forum page? The ones marked "important"? They have most of the information you need. Also check out Dan's www.carmodelling.com , especially the FAQ section.

Add your comment to this topic!