ETS OFF Light

mitchmoney
04-05-2005, 02:27 PM
my ETS OFF light comes on every now and then, and affects my horsepower and RPM's. I've noticed it usually comes on when i'm going up a hill with cruise on, it's when It's trying to hold a steady speed while going up hill. then after it comes on, my RPMs jump and i lose horsepower then after driving for a while or a couple days the light goes back off and stays off until i hit another hill. Any ideas on this?

Classicrocjunkie
04-05-2005, 06:05 PM
its your traction control light. Check and make sure your e-brake is all the way down when your driving.

mitchmoney
04-07-2005, 02:22 PM
yeah it's not my e-brake, although i wish it would be something that easy, it's when i'm trying to hold a steady speed, i honestly think it's either something to do with the tranny, or a computer somewhere, i think it has a flaw in one of those two. because like i said before it happens when i'm going up a realitively steap hill with cruise on. any other ideas anyone??

cmull305
06-02-2005, 03:44 PM
its your traction control light. Check and make sure your e-brake is all the way down when your driving.
I'm having the same problem but my car delays in shifting gears i was told that it could be an electrical problem and if you turn your car off and turn it back on it should go back off. i was also told that the ets code needed to be reset and when you turn your car off and back on sometimes it resets itself . I had my transmission rebuilt because of this problem now i have a new transmission and still have the same problem with the ets light.I guess the only thing else to do is to take it to the dealership.

Add your comment to this topic!