Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

more miles than i want

glen1305
04-05-2005, 12:04 PM
recently bought a new 307 on a limited mileage pcp does any one have any clues as to how to " diconnect the speedo " either by the fuses or as to where the sender unit is , i know this can be done on the 206 cc by removing furse number one in the engine bay but this dont work on 307 would like to hear from any one that may know post it back and thanks in advance

Ran
05-10-2005, 12:13 PM
I would really like to help but as far as I know this act (having it stop count the distance the car was driven) is an ilegal act. This can be interesting to know since I drive a peugeot 307 aswell (just for learning purposes). It's too bad not many people post on the Peugeot forums anymore, the sources of help almost do not exist here.

conkerman
05-16-2005, 04:17 AM
There should be a speed sender on the gearbox, you can remove that, but it will be illegal as your speedo will not work and may cause more bother than its worth as the management system may go a bit mental as one of its feeds will be missing.

fmsam
11-12-2005, 06:32 AM
dont forget the 307 has multipexed wiring and the vehicle speed signal is vital to other systems i.e engine management abs etc, and yes i do belive its illegal also (mind you how can you police it :-)

Add your comment to this topic!