Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Building an D16 turbo !!!

ShlemJDM
04-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Hey Guys i have a quastion i have 94 hatch with d16y8 engine in it i want to turbo it im thinkin to do this set up

Pistons, rods, home made turbo kit with T3 turbo with good tunning, set at 12psi what i have to expect on dyno and 1/4mile if im a let say good driver just wanted to know if it worth it im trying to get at least 230whp will this be enough ??

Thanks !

NOSAJ
04-05-2005, 12:58 AM
shooot yeah! But IMO while your in there also sleeve it, cam, valve springs, etc.
easy 12 sec
take a look at turbod16.com when it comes back up

civickiller
04-05-2005, 01:01 AM
yeah you should make that power at 12psi but you only need rods and pistons.

lkailburn
04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
vitara pistons and scat rods.. cheapest way to hit 8.9:1 compression in your y8 and run 15psi all day long

get her dyno tuned and you'll hit 230whp no problem

get a t3 60trim

ShlemJDM
04-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks Alot Guys I JUST CANT WAIT !!!!!!!! I WANT IT DONE TODAY lol You know how feel :jump3:!! When its finish I will Post Some 1/4 mile and some dyno numbers.

lkailburn
04-05-2005, 08:26 PM
deffinitly. but take your time, and do it right the first time. try to not cut corners where it counts..like fuel management.

i've been collecting my turbo parts for months now.. and now it'll only be 7 more weeks until i can install :)

Vtec95Civic
04-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Damn I wish I had enough cash to boost my d16z6..

The expensive part isn't even the turbo setup.. it's all the damn electronics that go with it.

lkailburn
04-06-2005, 11:22 AM
yup and you don't want to skip on fuel management. uberdata isn't tooo bad
60 for dsm 450s,, clips and resistor box
60 for a conversion harness
120 for a socketed ecu
200-300 for dyno time

civickiller
04-06-2005, 12:04 PM
the costs are more than that

turboEKhatch
04-06-2005, 02:12 PM
shooot yeah! But IMO while your in there also sleeve it, cam, valve springs, etc.
easy 12 sec
take a look at turbod16.com when it comes back up

Nevermind that he has a basic cheap setup that he wants to run a small amount of boost on, dump thousands into it for basically nothing, ra ra ra!

lkailburn
04-06-2005, 07:42 PM
the costs are more than that

are you sure about that :grinno:

civickiller
04-06-2005, 11:05 PM
yup and you don't want to skip on fuel management. uberdata isn't tooo bad
60 for dsm 450s,, clips and resistor box
60 for a conversion harness
120 for a socketed ecu
200-300 for dyno time

your right i guess i dont know what im talking about.

80 for dsm 450s with clips and resistor box
120 for hte conversion harness
150 if you dont have an ecu and you need it socketed
plus
300 for hte wideband, cant street tune without one.
170 of the romulator
i believe its 80 for the burner with chip
if he doesnt have a labtop than 800 for that

but like i said, i guess i dont konw what im talking about :disappoin

civickiller
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
oh also he has to pay a guy to tune it for him, if thats the case then he wont need to buy a wideband because he should have one

lkailburn
04-07-2005, 11:57 AM

plus
170 of the romulator

ugh then i guess you got ripped off :lol: when did you buy your parts, prices have come down alot. i bought most of my parts in the past few months

i bought my dsm 450 blue tops, obd1 clips and resister box for 68 shipped
obd2a-obd1 conversion harness for 60 shipped
i can easily get a socketed p28 for under 120. or if i wanted i know where to get a virgin for 80, and 23 shipped for the socketing kit.

and my local tuner(who just bought a 50 thousand dollar dyno, one of the best dyno's in the world) quoted me about 300 for dyno tuning.

and 800 for a laptop? jesus dude you don't need to buy a brand new one. you could spend 200 on a datalogging laptop if thats all you want it for.

civickiller
04-07-2005, 12:59 PM
actually if you look hes running obd1 already so he doesnt even need a conversion harness. i thoguht he had a 4th gen.

also you are talking about, oh if i find a deal prices, im talking about real world prices. oh so he buys the ecu and socketing kit, so what he has to socket it himself. what if he doesnt know how or he has to go buy all the things. oh price went up. also your tuner quoted you 300 for dyno tuning, what about street tuning? your right he doesnt need a new one, he just needs one that can run uberdata, and datalog if thats the only reason why hes gonna buy one

lkailburn
04-07-2005, 06:41 PM
actually if you look hes running obd1 already so he doesnt even need a conversion harness. i thoguht he had a 4th gen.

also you are talking about, oh if i find a deal prices, im talking about real world prices. oh so he buys the ecu and socketing kit, so what he has to socket it himself. what if he doesnt know how or he has to go buy all the things. oh price went up. also your tuner quoted you 300 for dyno tuning, what about street tuning? your right he doesnt need a new one, he just needs one that can run uberdata, and datalog if thats the only reason why hes gonna buy one

right he doesn't need the conversion harness. and i could bet you he's already running an obd1 p28 so he doesn't even need to buy an ecu :licka: imagine that! all he needs to buy is the socketing kit for 23 shipped.
if he wants to socket the ecu himself YES HE HAS TO LEARN HOW TO SOLDER.. if you can't solder a wire you are either mentally handicap or have no hands to hold the soldering iron....its not that hard..learn how to do it.

if he really doesn't want to socket it himself i know for a fact he can send it out and have it done for 40.. and i believe that even includes the cost to ship it back. maybe not so maybe add another 5-10. but he already saved tons on not having to buy the conversion harness and ecu.

and what are you talking about real world prices versus "i found a deal prices".. i fail to see the difference... if i beat someone in a race, met up with them later and showed them what i had and they asked how much and i said 2 grand for everything because i got deals on all my parts and did ALL of the work with my own two hands; would they then say well then you really didn't win the race cuz those parts don't count because you didn't pay out the ass for 'real world prices' ??

sorry please clarify your logic on that one

-Luke

civickiller
04-07-2005, 07:41 PM
the point is, just because you got a deal on parts, doesnt mean he'll find a deal too. he might have to pay more. like dsms with clips usually go for $60, this is the avergae price i see them. but it doesnt come with the resistor box so $20 on average for a resistor box. so thats 80 but you found a deal for 60, doesnt mean hell find a same deal for 60

lkailburn
04-07-2005, 08:22 PM
that is true. he may get better deals aswell. i never got SMOKIN deals on any of my parts.. but i got GOOD deals on every single thing i bought.

best place to look for parts is online forum classifieds. i think thats where i bought almost everything in my turbo setup.

no hard feelings civickiller..even tho i dislike your name cuz i own a civic lol :p

civickiller
04-07-2005, 08:32 PM
oh i own a civic too :lol:

lkailburn
04-07-2005, 09:52 PM
:bigthumb:

travagliante
04-09-2005, 01:17 AM

plus
170 of the romulator

No no, you got it wrong...sorta...

DSM 450cc injectors free---swipe from junkyard with resistor box.
150 for a uberdata socketed ecu! Sold on honda-tech.com by user 93turbo16
and about 200-300 for dyno time!

Any tuner should have a laptop and a wideband or they really arent a good tuner?

civickiller
04-09-2005, 02:44 AM
he made another thread about going hondata, so everything we said doesnt matter. with like the exception of the injectors

Add your comment to this topic!