undercarriage noise

americangrrl
04-04-2005, 09:02 AM
My car seems to have a loud noise coming from the undercarriage. I thought it was because my tires had poor tread. I was far overdue for new ones. I got new tires this weekend, but the noise is still there. What could it be? I was told recently that I needed a new fuel filter. Could that have anything to do with the noise?

Classicrocjunkie
04-04-2005, 09:23 AM
what kinda of noise is it?... Just a noise isn't very helpful.

americangrrl
04-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Good point. It's hard to explain.
Honestly, it I hadn't gotten the tires replaced, I would have thought it was them.

It sounds like something is rubbing. Kind of a loud hum when accellerate.

My car seems to have a loud noise coming from the undercarriage. I thought it was because my tires had poor tread. I was far overdue for new ones. I got new tires this weekend, but the noise is still there. What could it be? I was told recently that I needed a new fuel filter. Could that have anything to do with the noise?

Classicrocjunkie
04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Wheel bearing.

americangrrl
04-04-2005, 12:39 PM
That would stink, wheel bearings are servicable in cavaliers and go for $250 a pop to replace. I'm taking it in to get looked at tomorrow.

Good point. It's hard to explain.
Honestly, it I hadn't gotten the tires replaced, I would have thought it was them.

It sounds like something is rubbing. Kind of a loud hum when accellerate.

PsychoJJ
04-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Umm, sorry to go off topic here but ummm why do you keep quoteing yourself? :sly:

I can only imagine its because you are not scrolling down far enough for the "post reply" button and are just hitting "reply with quote" from your previous post.

Classicrocjunkie
04-04-2005, 01:30 PM
That would stink, wheel bearings are servicable in cavaliers and go for $250 a pop to replace. I'm taking it in to get looked at tomorrow.

Would probably be 3hrs to do 2 rears yourself not knowing what the hell you are doing. I am not sure the price of the bearings though.

bigdaveangell
04-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I have a squeak when I am driving at slow speeds.Would that be a bad wheel bearing or could it be the cv

Classicrocjunkie
04-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Does it go away if you speed up? Could be sticky brakes. Mine do this once in awhile. I need to rip my drums apart and see what their problem is. Wheel bearing is a low pitched humming sound.. or even a rrr rrr rrrr . Make sure everything brake wise is lubed well.

Add your comment to this topic!