Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

boost gauges...

Right_LiRrr
04-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey guys

I know this item most of you with turboes have seems to be such a simple little device, but is there anything I should be looking out for? Other than the obvious i.e. make sure the maximum boost on the gauge is more than I plan to run...is there anything else I should look out for or do I just buy the one with the most features I can afford?

Also, go just boost or a boost/vacuum gauge?

Cheers

evil6remlin
04-04-2005, 10:28 AM
just go with a boost gauge from a trusted brand. GReddy, Apex'i, and HKS all make good gauges. Just pick the one that you like the best and the one that has the features you want like peak/hold or not.

drftk1d
04-04-2005, 11:03 AM
my best friend just got a wrx, i will let you know what boost gague he has when i see his car next.

Igovert500
04-04-2005, 11:12 AM
I'd say boost and vacuum. It will help you figure out when/if you have vacuum/boost leaks.
Also stick with trusted brands
And lastly, run it off a decent vacuum line...not those ghetto thin plastic Autometer lines.

Thourun
04-04-2005, 08:42 PM
I like the autometer styling and price, apparently they're relaible enough. I plan on getting a sport comp one once I get all my other junk done (downpipe, gut cats, get test pipe, plugs and wires). Def get boost vac, dunno bout the vaccume line, get the most rigid one I guess.

Right_LiRrr
04-05-2005, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the advice guys.

I was originally going to get an autometer one, but the workshop says that they're not that accurate and are usually out by a margin. But the prices are so good.

And drftk1d, when you find out what your friend has on his rex, tell me.

Cheers

Add your comment to this topic!