Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No oil pressure at low RPMs

cooperg
04-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum but am in dire need of help. I own a 1993 Jaguar XJ6 and when my RPMs are low (idle) my oil pressure gauge drops down to "0" and and the low oil pressure light on the dash lights up. However, when I rev the engine to above 20 grand, it goes right back up to where it should be. I checked the oil and there is definantly the right amount of oil in the car. The engine sounds pretty good but don't want to drive it with an oil problem and then cause a much worse problem. Thank you very much.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

CooperG

ctorres5
05-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Hello, I am new to this forum but am in dire need of help. I own a 1993 Jaguar XJ6 and when my RPMs are low (idle) my oil pressure gauge drops down to "0" and and the low oil pressure light on the dash lights up. However, when I rev the engine to above 20 grand, it goes right back up to where it should be. I checked the oil and there is definantly the right amount of oil in the car. The engine sounds pretty good but don't want to drive it with an oil problem and then cause a much worse problem. Thank you very much.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

CooperG

Need to open the oil pan and clean the oil pump filter look like staring to get stock with dirt.

mdmike52
01-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Pull oil pressure sending unit and check pressure with a test guage. I had same prob with 94 xj6 74k miles and it was the sending unit bad. Acual pressure at idle was 45psi. (Got the car cheap because of it.)

Add your comment to this topic!