Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cant get to start

buickped
04-03-2005, 03:33 PM
i got a buick park avenue the other day i only pay 500 for it it started and i drive it around the block and it ran ok but the next day it started ran for abought 5 minets and then stalled then i started it back it it ran for a minet and then stalled and now it wont start at all i got a new battery and it turns over it just wont start up i dont no what it could be :(

buickped
04-03-2005, 03:34 PM
pleese help me

wrightz28
04-06-2005, 09:42 AM
My 2 cents to anybody who buys a used car regardless of from whom it was bought:

Refresh everything!

Change the plugs(wires, PCV & O2 sensor also)-they will tell a ton about how the engine is conditioned.

Change the oil and filter-look at the old oil eespecially in the filter! Any globs, shavings, bad.

ditto for the trans w/exception. If it has really high mileage and the fluid dosen't look so good, you may do more damage than good my messing with it.

Fuel and air filters-again tell you how well it's been kept up.

drain and backflush the cooling system-look for any signs of stop leak or sludge.

After all the basics are covered and there's still a problem, then some sluthing around will need to be done, but I'll bet after these basics steps she'll start.

Don't fret, I bought mine for 400, took me 3 weekends in row, but after straghtening it out, mine has never left me stranded and has started every time the key is turned('cept when the ck sensor broke but that's a story in itself), they are spectacular cars.

ks0309
04-12-2005, 06:09 PM
If you don;t get a spark try the crank position sensor located behind the crank pulley. mine went bad with no warning, shut off car and it would not start, got it towed to garge to fix, you need special puller to get balancer off

wrightz28
04-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Shouldn't need a special puller, but if it's a original balancer than you will need a 1-1/16" (or 1-1/8 on some) socket and an impact to remove. Replacement balancers come with a more logical 15/16" bolt.

Add your comment to this topic!