Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 camry wheel damage from curb

dmasjz45
04-03-2005, 10:59 AM
hello, i was wondering if anybody could possibly tell me the damage i've caused on my camry...

i was driving the other night. raining like hell out, shoulder turned into a curb, didnt see it comin, wheel smacked right into it at ~30mph... hit her pretty hard on the side of the wheel causing a tear but no air leak (didnt go over the curb), hub cap flew off, had a fairly bent rim on the outer part where it curves in... i was pretty much screwed but I drove her home asap. Luckily I had no body damage (wheel must have only tapped curb), It seemed to drive alright, no clicks when turning but i noticed the steering wheel was misaligned when looking at it, id say ~45 degrees off to the right.. this leads me to believe i could have bent a tie rod, or worse a ball joint or cv axle, maybe a stabilizer bar... the car still seemed to drive stable at 40 mph. i took a look at it this morning: wheel seemed to sit straight upright and I couldn't see any damage from looking in the wheel well quickly... does anybody know what type of damage/costs I could be looking at? thank you........

Add your comment to this topic!