Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission Problems

stratupus
04-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Ok Guys, I need the spec on a 1988 LTD CV 302 EFI. I really need to know is what transmission is suppose to be in this car and also It has over drive on column. Can someone please help me. I have had a bad weekend, The guy I brought this car from gave me the tranny that was suppose to be the right one for the car, and when my uncle and I took the old one out to put the replacement in the tranny where completely different. Plus the wire harness to the OD had been cut off. I in need for some HELP. Thank you all who can help and have any info.

STRAT.

ModMech
04-03-2005, 01:28 PM
It has an AOD.

theFREAKnasty82
04-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Ask him what car did he get that tranny from. In 1993, Ford went to electronic controls on the AOD transmission. Best way to tell if you have the AOD-
E, or 4R70W, is look by the manual valve, if you see rod next to it that you can move back and forth freely, that's your TV linkage, used on pre-93 units. For your year, all the electrical connectors you need to worry about is for the neutral safety switch, which has a 3-prong connector and your speed sensor.

Add your comment to this topic!