Buy a Skyline or keep my Stealth

95GSTRaCeR
04-02-2005, 02:18 PM
First, sorry if I sound like a complete noob, but I am when it comes to skylines. I own a 91 Stealth RT AWD right now, but am selling it. I have come across a 1992 Skyline GTR 32 that I was looking at buying. I was wondering which is faster, my stealth or the skyline. Also the Skyline is 15,500 and is getting all new bearings put into it before I buy it, is that a good price? Thanks in advance for any help.

tazdev
04-03-2005, 05:06 AM
your asking in a skyline forum if you should or shouldn't buy a skyline what answer are you expecting except for

BUY THE SKYLINE :)

I don't know much about stealths as there aren't many, if any in New Zealand but the R32 GTR is a great car even in standard trim

95GSTRaCeR
04-03-2005, 05:39 AM
Yea, I figured I would get that response from most on this forum. There arent any skylines around my area, in fact this is the first one i've ever seen. What are the specs, ie. hp, tq, for this model? Thanks again.

SkylineUSA
04-03-2005, 06:09 AM
Where are you located?

Mine was dyoned stock with exhaust, and 1bar at 311/319 @5000rpms. It should have gone to 7000, but I only had 90oct, so it started to det, so they stoppped the pull.

It a much better car than your Steath, I can say that with the utmost confidence.

95GSTRaCeR
04-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I live in bemidji, minnesota. The Skyline I am looking at has an apexi fmic, and an hks intake, I think it might have had the exhaust done to...how many psi is 1 bar? Also would $15,500 be a good price for the Skyline. Thank you for all the input.

Skyline_BNR34
04-03-2005, 05:55 PM
if you live in the usa you cant get it imported but if you live in Japan and want to move to different country you still cant get it imported so if it is already in the usa and legalized buy it buy it buy it but if you saw it in another country and live in usa you minaswell say screw it cant get it imported

Skyline_BNR34
04-03-2005, 05:56 PM
first make sure it is legalized for the states dont want to be driving an illegal car would you.

95GSTRaCeR
04-03-2005, 07:15 PM
No, the car is in the U.S. and it has been legalized. One of the reasons I really wanted to get it was just because of how rare it is, but the only thing I am worrying about is the value of it, There is no way for me to get a US blue book value of it, no way that I know of at least. So I am wondering if I am spending 15k on it, later on will I be able to get my money back out of it...

Skyline_BNR34
04-03-2005, 07:28 PM
the only way to make sure it was egalized is if Motorex did it but 15K is a good deal but is the condition good or what if you want one from Japan it would cost 50K but look at it carfully and see what work it needs. and if it is a turbo or NA depends on your liking its up to you i say BUY IT IF YOU DONT YOUR STUPID

Skyline_BNR34
04-03-2005, 07:31 PM
the only way to make sure it was legalized is if Motorex did it but 15K is a good deal but is the condition good or what if you want one from Japan it would cost 50K but look at it carfully and see what work it needs. and if it is a turbo or NA depends on your liking its up to you i say BUY IT IF YOU DONT YOUR STUPID

95GSTRaCeR
04-04-2005, 04:50 AM
SkylineUSA:

"Mine was dyoned stock with exhaust, and 1bar at 311/319 @5000rpms. It should have gone to 7000, but I only had 90oct, so it started to det, so they stoppped the pull."

Was that 311/319 at the wheels or the crank? thanks

SkylineUSA
04-04-2005, 06:16 AM
That was at the crank, but with I believe they used 23% drive line loss, but it should have been around 25%.

95GSTRaCeR
04-04-2005, 03:44 PM
So I called the guy that has the car for sale and he told me that it was registered in Arizona and he gave me a registration number for it, it isnt a normal 17 digit VIN number though. He also told me that it has a RB26 engine in it and is rear wheel drive, what do you guys think

Skyline_BNR34
04-04-2005, 03:56 PM
dude buy it even though it dosent have the attessa or hicas system but a RWD skyline is as good as a AWD one isnt it. So buy it its a good deal to me so go ahead and be happy with a new skyline. Maybe the VIN # is a Japan VIN not sure though it may be a special one.

SkylineUSA
04-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Go look at it. I would not buy anything like that without having a look first.

You can PM me the VIN, I can see its legal, but for the price, I bet its not.

95GSTRaCeR
04-04-2005, 06:31 PM
I talked to the DMV where I live and they said that it could be registered as a kit car, anyone know if there are any drawbacks to this? What is a attessa or hicas system? Thank you for all the help!

SkylineUSA
04-05-2005, 01:22 AM
It cannot be registered as a kit car. Well, I guess if the state you are in let it in like that, but under fedral regs, it should not be allowed.

ATTESA=4WD HICAS=4wheel steering

The Car sounds like its a GTSt

95GSTRaCeR
04-05-2005, 02:48 AM
I dunno for sure but, the guy has it listed as a GTR....when the car got shipped into the US wouldnt it have to be registered before it was taken?

95GSTRaCeR
04-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Another thing was he did say it was registered in Arizona, and he gave me a six digit "ID" number...but I dont know how to check that number to see if it is legit and he is waiting for the title to come back so I havent seen it yet...

Skyline_BNR34
04-05-2005, 03:41 PM
yea he needs to check with the DMV if he didnt already give the VIN# to SkylineUSA. Your probaly right about the illegal or he just wants to get rid of it quickly because of something but make sure with someone about it so dont buy till its made sure its legal Won't they ship it back to Japan if it is illegal? just wondering or do you need to take it somewhere?

SkylineUSA
04-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Where is the car listed? Do you have a web site for it?

Call your insurance company and see if you car have it insured.

thegladhatter
04-06-2005, 03:33 AM
Okay....the BS flag is up!! No GTR kit cars!! You CAN'T register a GTR as a kit car!!! Can't be done!! No street legal R32 for $15K. Aint happenin'! BS BS BS BS!!

thegladhatter
04-06-2005, 03:37 AM
Hey everybody, its time to sell my car...its been nice to drive but I am going back to eclipse's so she has to go. Heres the rundown:

It is a 2000 Celica GTS with 46,XXX miles on the body. It just recieved a new engine that was proffesionally installed by Toyota ( I do have all the paperwork to prove this). It has a 6spd transmission that shifts smoothly.

Modifications:

2 inch Eibach lowering springs
header
Aftermarket Muffler
Short throw shifter
AEM intake
AEM light weight alternator pully
Polyurethane tranny mounts

It is a beautiful car and drives really nice. I need to get $12,500 out of it, trust me, this car is well worth it. If you have any questions you can email me at joker646@hotmail.com or just reply to the post lol. Thanks for looking.
What do you REALLY have?

95GSTRaCeR
04-06-2005, 03:53 AM
Ok that was the car I had before I bought my current car which is a 91 Dodge Stealth RT. I did call my insurance gave them the ID number, told them what kind of car it was and they said they could insure it as a kit car

thegladhatter
04-06-2005, 10:56 PM
You CAN'T register it as a Kit Car.

95GSTRaCeR
04-06-2005, 11:21 PM
I see... I was told that it is already registered so I guess I will just have to wait to actually see the title...

thegladhatter
04-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Okay....the BS flag is up!! No GTR kit cars!! You CAN'T register a GTR as a kit car!!! Can't be done!! No street legal R32 for $15K. Aint happenin'! BS BS BS BS!!
I repeat....

nismo_power
04-07-2005, 01:11 AM
this reminds me of project arizona.....same place too guys. remember that fallenprince guy that somehow got his skyline in the country and into arizona...illegaly?

SkylineUSA
04-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Yes,

Skylines can be registered without going through MotoRex, but they have by-passed the federal gov't. Some states do not look into them that close. I know of 5 states that has done this.

nismo_power
04-07-2005, 02:07 AM
Yes,

Skylines can be registered without going through MotoRex, but they have by-passed the federal gov't. Some states do not look into them that close. I know of 5 states that has done this.

ive heard that registering it isnt as much of a problem as actually getting customs and USDOT to clear the car from the port. i mean, i know of ways to get them in, but surrrrsly. it is just so much of a hassle to get the car in, registered and all that business than its worth. i mean, if you have the kind of money to just throw away on a 20-30k dollar car, then more power to you....but if i were to make an investment like that, id like it to be the legit way and not have to risk fines, jail time, and getting the car crushed and or taken of my posession.

95GSTRaCeR
04-07-2005, 04:42 AM
Well I appreciate all of the help and info all of you have given me and when I hear more about the car I will let you know....thanks

SkylineUSA
04-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Good Luck!

Smoochie, smoochie :D

Add your comment to this topic!