Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 Integra Leak?!?!?!

glassman556
04-01-2005, 11:35 PM
ok... well... i have water (rain and snow.. not from my car) leaking in onto my floor on the passenger side.. ive looked around and it comes to be that its coming in through the blower motor vent.. has anyone had this problem before??? how do i fix it if possible without buying a new blower motor??

knorwj
04-02-2005, 07:10 AM
very common problem with 2nd gen tegs. mine does the same thing and i'm sure there are others here who have the problem. most commonly it is a drain line from a sunroof that is cracked.

Igovert500
04-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah I would guess it is one of the sunroof drains that has become clogged or cracked. If you do a search you'll find it is semi-common in the 90-93 honda accords as well.

glassman556
04-03-2005, 12:28 PM
well guys.. if this is the problem... where do i find the drain line for the sunroof?? its on the passenger side floor and i need to get it fixed a.s.a.p. what do you guys recommend??

93integra
05-21-2005, 09:28 PM
My 93 integra has the same leak on the passenger side. I don't see how sun roof drainage would cause the problem. Have you been able to solve the problem?

glassman556
05-22-2005, 08:58 PM
My 93 integra has the same leak on the passenger side. I don't see how sun roof drainage would cause the problem. Have you been able to solve the problem?

Yes, I have.. If you need to know what the problem is I can tell you two different ways to fix it.. The way I did it and the way that others say fixes it.. I didn't do it the way I found because I already fixed it my way and found out how to do it the right way 3 days later.

93integra
05-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Yes...please let me know how you fixed the problem. Thanks

skyrunner
05-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Anyone know the fix for this? I searched around but couldnt find anything. I have the same problem of water leaking into blower motor area, and I thought it was a leak from the hood?? I just dont want to have to replace my blower motor, *again*, next time that it rains real hard.

93integra
05-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Yes..please let me know how you fixed the leak.

glassman556
07-18-2005, 09:46 PM
There is a cover on the passenger side under the hood that covers the cowls run off.. that needs to be taken off and either sealed with silicone or replace the little o-rings which i do not know exactly which ones.. it's on a website if i find it again i'll post it.. I just ran silicone..... i figured it would be easier than trying to find the right size o-rings and plus it is reversable.. i no longer have a leak..hope this helps...

charlief1
07-19-2005, 08:26 AM
Have the same problem with my '90 GS and it has proved unusually difficult to fix. Trying to find a solution is why I joined this Forum ! I think that glassman556 is on the right track with the silicone sealant.

My shop says this is the way to go, but I also think you need to use a LOT of silicone. After you take the big plastic piece off that's under the wipers, you see the cowl. There are a bunch of diabolical and fairly expensive pronged push clips that you have to deal with, and you might look at replacing them also. Liberally smear silicone all around the edges of the cowl, in particular on the 'uphill' windshield side where the water will run from first.

I'm about to do mine AGAIN. I posted on this last year, and a guy in Florida where it rains a lot agreed this finally fixed his. Good luck, let us know what finally works for you. One of the tough things about this for me is that we can't reproduce the problem with a garden hose, but when it rains buckets, better have a towel on the passenger floor.

rginter
03-09-2006, 05:49 AM
Try this. http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/interior/15.html I have a similar problem but I haven't tried this yet, but I ordered the parts.

Add your comment to this topic!