shifter moves upon accell.....

graffix989
04-01-2005, 08:40 PM
i just baught a 94 MX-6 LS V6. manual tranny. when i accell i can feel the shift stick pull. it only does it when its in motion, not revving it up in nuetral or in grear wit clutch engauged.... is that normal for mx's?? never owned one before... also the clutch pedal realy only functions within a range of about 1-2 inches from the resting point. then its non responsive the rest of the way to the floor... is that normal ?? i havnt realy looked at the engine to much, ive been waiting for a nice non-muddy day to get under it... any help would be much app. thx

gregory914
04-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Clutch sounds OK when it's going bad it will let out close to the floor and you won't be able to get it in gear without a little grinding. Usualy when the shifter moves and if it sort of bucks the motor mounts are bad. I was told it's a common problem with the V6 and Probe models.

SpoolinMX6
05-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Yeah, your mounts are bad. The transmission jerks and causes the shifter to move.

Mikelb
01-25-2006, 11:03 AM
hey man, I don't really belong in this forum... but I had the same problem in my Stealth... then the 5th gear started popping out... which gear exactly are you talking a/b... if it's 5th... then you have a nut on the end of the output shaft in the transmission, it needs to be re-torqued and dimpled... or the gear can pop out and damage the transmission casing... just what I've found with my car... let me know what u find

Add your comment to this topic!