Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Choices...

ac427cpe
03-31-2002, 04:41 PM
Upon the release of the new GT40, there will be 5 different series of the car... which would be your favorite to own?

Viper 10
04-02-2002, 12:29 PM
What are you talking about? Ford hasn't even finalized which powerplant that they are going to use for it. There are formal discussions about possbibly using their V-10 or V-12 (6 liters). The reason that they are evaluating these options is because they need to find the best combination to be competitive when they campaign the car at Le Mans.

Please clarify.

Brad

ac427cpe
04-02-2002, 01:39 PM
ok fine... don't include the new one yet... Which is your favorite? MKI, II, III, or IV?

Viper 10
04-02-2002, 01:44 PM
Okay, I see what you are talking about. I was fortunate enough to ride in the only street versioned MkIV that was owned by my dad's friend Ken Miles at Riverside Raceway. It was outfitted with a 427 HO engine.

I will say that it left an indellible imprint in my mind as a boy that I will never forget. I have been hooked on cars since my dad used to race when I was very young. For that reason, my favorite is the Mk IV.

I will probably be adding a new GT-40 to my stable in the near future to keep my Vette and my Snake company. I need a bigger garage...

Brad

ac427cpe
01-09-2003, 08:19 PM
there are a MK I and MK III out here at the Barrett-Jackson Auction this year... do u have room in your garage yet?:D

XOTech
02-13-2003, 09:49 PM
It looks as though the Ford GT is going to be a huge hit. I have done research into most of the Ford Dealerships across the country to find waiting lists as long as 60 names long and the shortest one I found was 32 names long. Even at 32 names, that is more than 10 years' worth of production that dealership would ever see if even that.

I have seen cars selling on contract for huge money. The speculation value of the car is even bigger. Even the dealers that would talk to me said they would sell them with a heafty premium "Over Sticker"

ac427cpe
02-13-2003, 09:58 PM
wow... that's all i can say to that. but how many people that put their name on the waiting list do you actually think would go through with buying one; if, like you say, there will be a large "over sticker" price?

XOTech
02-13-2003, 10:08 PM
The problem is, there is no way that Ford will produce that many to completely fulfill the demand. They just can't make that many cars for one reason (of such a highly specialized car) and they normally just won't do it to make sure that the value and collectible nature of the car are preserved. If they only make a limited number of cars, they will maintain their value for years to come. All of this translates into positive image for Ford. With fewer production numbers, Ford wins big with big image. That is what they are fundamentally looking for.

For the people putting their names down so early, I would say that if they are smart they will purchase the car. If nothing else, sell it immediately upon delivery and sell it for $100,000 profit. If things continue at the rate they are now, $100,000 over the list price (speculated at $160,000) sounds like it may be a deal. I have heard from some of my inside Ford sources suggest that they are getting offers of Double Sticker for cars. That's $320,000.

450HPviper
03-13-2003, 09:29 AM
Who cares which one you get. A GT-40 is a GT-40. I would kill for one.:eshooter: A GT-40

ac427cpe
03-13-2003, 09:30 PM
well... not exactly. i'd rather have the big block vintage GT40, and some people might want the newer one so they can have air conditioning, heating, and a sterio... now.... i'd never feel safe driving a vintage or even replica of a vintage GT40 on the street, but a new one... mabye.

Add your comment to this topic!