Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993-1998 Toyota Supra vs. 2003-2004 Ford Mustang Cobra

3000ways
03-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Both cars are awesome in my opinion but who really is the King? BPU Supra vs. Pullied Cobra, Single Turbo Supra vs. KB Cobra? Supra vs. Cobra?

NISSANSPDR
03-31-2005, 10:32 PM
It's a tough call...the Cobra's are beasts on the street and drag wise...but the Supra's probably have the upper hand on the road course and on the highway top end wise...so it really depends on your taste...

Personally...if I had money to spare...Supra TT...so I can go single, make insane HP, and pull on the top end!!!

If I was on a tight budget...Cobra since they are super fast out of the box

ricesucks
04-01-2005, 05:08 AM
I say supra. When you are in a supra you get so many looks its awesome. Supras really do proform well. I am going to say that a cobra is prolly faster. But I would never buy one. Its still a mustang on the outside. I don't really like that mustang body style

3000ways
04-01-2005, 08:15 AM
On this I also chose Supra. The Cobra in my opinion is one the greatest bang for the buck cars out there, it has massive potential for power with not too much money spent. Still incredible Horsepower potential and crazy ass top end, I'd take the Supra if money was no problem.

NISSANSPDR
04-01-2005, 11:23 AM
The Supra interior is 10x better than the Cobra's...

silentscreams85
04-01-2005, 12:35 PM
both are beautiful cars...and the sweet exhaust note on the cobra is beautiful...however im going to say Supra. other than getting the performance, you cant deny the "Toyota" reliability factor...

Muscletang
04-01-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm going to say the Cobra but that's me.

The looks factor can go either way but I'd like to say that looks don't win races. If I ever got a Cobra I'd be tempted to make it look like a plain jain GT and have the ultimate sleeper.

Anyway, I saw in a 5.0 that these guys took the S/C out of the Cobra and put in the largest turbo they could get. The only other thing they replaced was the intake manifold and I think they tinkered with the computer but they were getting 600 hp and running in the low 10s and maybe the 9s. If I can find story around here I'll post what they did but it was insane how well the Cobra reacted to the turbo.

kman10587
04-01-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm gonna say that for straight-up drag racing, the SVT Cobra is the champ. The Supra was designed not just as a street racer, but as a good road car as well; this makes it more expensive, more difficult to lighten, and more difficult to tune. The Cobra is basically a Kia with RWD and a monster motor; just add power and go.

RedLightning
04-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Ummm what do you think?

THE FRIGGIN COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right_LiRrr
04-04-2005, 09:34 AM
The Cobra is basically a Kia with RWD and a monster motor; just add power and go.

Hahahaha, man, you sometimes make the funniest analogies...but after I think about it for a bit, you're pretty much right.

TatII
04-04-2005, 12:16 PM
except that kia has a better interior. but other then that, its pretty dead on. lolz

crayzayjay
04-04-2005, 12:51 PM
3000ways> in addition to the two stickies at the top of this forum which state so, i've specifically asked you before to put 10 day limits on polls.

READ THE F#^*%^& GUIDELINES (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=162405)

Add your comment to this topic!